SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    May 1st. International Worker´s Day NSFW, a salute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 1st. International Worker´s Day NSFW, a salute Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
A classic (Alberto Sordi´s in Il Vitteloni) salute to you all. Wink

Big Grin

0-0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0-0,

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Without intention to offend anyone, I better explain my salute.

As probably most of you, I grew up watching the Commies First of May parade, where they displayed their toys while their people starved and was having a really not good time.
Be it the Soviets or the Communist Chinese and nowadays the Norcos and such, I find their exhibitionism pointless and obscene.

So, to all of them, past, present and future, I send my regards. Not from a Workers Paradise. Luckily, my country dodged that bullet.

Cool

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My salute to commie bastages involves lead with copper jackets.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
May 1st is also Law Day, a salute to my fellow lawyers on SF....

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No explanation necessary 0-0. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I grew up watching the Commies First of May parade, where they displayed their toys while their people starved and was having a really not good time.
Be it the Soviets or the Communist Chinese and nowadays the Norcos and such, I find their exhibitionism pointless and obscene.

Well... it's obscene but not completely pointless.
It's meant to dispirit freedom loving people.
It serves its evil purpose.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Victims of Communism Day 2019

quote:
Today is May Day. Since 2007, I have advocated using this date as an international Victims of Communism Day. I outlined the rationale for this proposal (which was not my original idea) in my very first post on the subject:

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Victims of Communism Day: 10 Films to Honor the Dead

May 1, 1966: I was in East Berlin, attended the street fair and parade, outshot a VoPo at the shooting gallery!
I spent years studying communism, months traveling in communist countries in 1966, finally lived in Russia trying to clean up after the disaster they had created. Had some short-term progress, but Mother Russia won in the end.
What a colossal, century-long, worldwide FUBAR!

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post