SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Want to discourage a newbie from buying a 4X4 truck? Have them watch this video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to discourage a newbie from buying a 4X4 truck? Have them watch this video Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
It's a five minute video that starts out pretty informative and straightforward BUT about half way thru it...it...gets very detailed to put it nicely Smile

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6143 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm ready for the written test now.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
You need a co pilot to read from the book. Geez.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
What's all this Km/h horseshit?

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Real 4WD vehicles have transfer cases with their own shifter.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15616 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:

The narrator is obviously Canadian, eh.

I wish my truck had a neutral position on the ESF transfer case.

Posts: 11002 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I was in the market for a used Tahoe last year. Wound up buying a 2010. I was surprised by the number of vehicles that only had a 1 speed transfer case (no 4 Lo option). Probably less than 50% had a 2 speed transfer case.

Posts: 5767 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
In some states you may have to have a 4x4 endorsement on your drivers license before you can buy a 4x4 vehicle! Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23556 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'll just go for a spin in my space shuttle. Couldn't be any harder, right?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to have a transmission shop. If it wasn't for the 4WD vehicles I would have been out of business in a month. Now, with the computer controlled transmission systems the average ticket price is at least double what it was when I was in the business....Keep it coming these things just make the technicians and businesses more money.

T-Boy

Posts: 499 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had to spit my drink back into the cup, I started laughing so hard.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18026 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I used to have a transmission shop....

LOL. Big Grin
At least if you learn how to do it correctly, it might keep it out of your transmission shop.

I have an older Tahoe and the 4WD still works fine... but I usually only engage the 4WD auto selection and I do it when the vehicle is stopped.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

The velocity measurement used by 195 of 198 countries and states.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31473 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
The narrator is missing his emotion "on" button.

I was waiting for the missing "beep" to turn the page.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

And 100% of countries that have never sent a man to the moon among other accomplishments.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What is this "knob" nonsense? Jesus, that's awful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
That was great!

I have always been baffled as to how and when to shift into and out of 4WD.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

And 100% of countries that have never sent a man to the moon among other accomplishments.

Big Grin

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
What the hell did I just watch?

My tacoma must lack, um, features and shit...

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post