SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Small dog agility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small dog agility Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Our little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has shown some agility ability so we looked into the completive aspect of it. Our granddaughter was anxious to do this with the dog. Well it takes more time than our granddaughter cared to invest so we abandoned that idea.

But watch this little Pomeranian go. Very impressive for a bread that's not known for this sort of thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMmAcaB50A

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wow. It's like he was saying, "wait here Mom, I got this." You can tell he is a audience pleaser.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Someone crammed a 500cc into a 125 chassis/frame.
I didn't think about it, but in the comments someone mentioned the disadvantage a tiny dog like that has on the teeter-totter. Seconds are lost waiting for it to touch down compared to a bigger dog.

Posts: 7370 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
One year at the State Fair we happened to catch the most amazing most nimble course we've ever seen. It was the Dwarf Goat Agility Trials.

Try to catch one some day.

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Probably the most famous agility dog of them all and a blast to watch. Enjoy...Olly! Big Grin

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
But watch this little Pomeranian go.

Damn, that little fur ball is fun to watch.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
that's a jrt for sure Big Grin

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
so many happy memories run agility with my Maltese. That Pomeranian really can run

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My Border Collie did dock diving and played at fungility. She was really good, we would have to constantly change the course because she would cheat. We, also, had a Morkie and that little critter could do the course. She wasn't near fast but she was entertaining. The owner of the course used her for a demonstrations, people got a kick out of it.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife competed in Teacup Agility with our previous Boston Terrier, Becky. She attained her TACH 5 and finished 2nd in her division and 4th overall at Nationals her last year competing.

Yeah, it was a lot of work, my wife and Becky attended weekly classes during the 9 years that she competed. She had a small course in a backyard that she would practice in daily too. Lots of work.

Our current Boston, Bullitt is competing in AKC Obedience and Rally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post