SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anybody Else Here Also Live With a Ma'am or Sir Talksalot?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anybody Else Here Also Live With a Ma'am or Sir Talksalot? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a father-in-law once, who, while visiting , got cornered by my next door neighbor. She would latch on and not let go. He managed to break away during an infrequent pause to catch her breath. When he came inside he said, "I declare. I believe that woman was vaccinated with a phonograph needle." I know this is all meant in jest but I can't help but think of those of us, who have lost a beloved wife, who would give anything to hear that voice again in a now empty house.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have a pretty severe hearing loss. Often I cant kids or womens voices.
And I make that fact very clear to anyone I have any real contact with.
I used to work with a chick who talked non stop. I told her often I could not hear her. Did not register at all. She kept yammering on. It finally dawned on me that, to her, it did not matter if I heard her at all. She was essentially talking to herself.

High frequency hearing loss is God's gift to old men.

This

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
A favorite on this topic. Don’t know how to embed on my iPad.

Honey Hush

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5753 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worst thing about a frequent talker is they're tendency to tell excruciatingly long stories, filled with every superfluous detail you don't care about. I'm thinking for God's sake just get to the point already. This 45 minute epic could've been over in 5 minutes.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The worst thing about a frequent talker is they're tendency to tell excruciatingly long stories, filled with every superfluous detail you don't care about. I'm thinking for God's sake just get to the point already. This 45 minute epic could've been over in 5 minutes.

LOL... this is my son. Love the boy, but man he can tell some ponderous stories about minutia.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Em ex was a non-stop talker, mostly about the most inane crap or her stilted opinions on everything.

My wife now and I are much more compatible in this regard, and many others, thankfully

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
I get home and Mrs. Angus starts telling me the never ending story................

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
My wife isn’t a nonstop talker. But when she tells a story, it’s long and so detail-filled that sometimes I lose track if what the story is about. There are many times I have to redirect the story as what starts off as story A, gets sidetracked by a detail and turns into story B, with the original A being lost/forgotten.

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I've dealt with a lot of grisly stuff in my time, to the point were I don't want to see, hear, or think about it any more. My wife loves the bloodiest, goriest, most horrific true crime stories....
She often pulls me out of these escapes to chatter endlessly about shit I don't want to hear...

This right here. I don’t want to watch sad, gory, disturbing crap. She always seems to tune into it, and always insists on dragging me into it with her.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I never realized until I retired, but I am a sir talks a lot in our marriage.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Not a problem, as I suffer from “spousal selective hearing”; and that’s when the fight started. Razz

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Like my dad used to say, “that girl was inoculated with a phonograph needle”. The wife will not be quiet. I love her to death but she wears me out.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Get to the point, is what sometimes slips out of my mouth....

Can’t stand unnecessary jabbering...my little kid and Mrs Mike both drone on...just gimme the pertinent points and I will decide if I need more information FFS.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11285 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Add to all that, my girlfriend's excessive use of pronouns and within a minute or two, I have no idea who or what she's talking about.

My wife is not too much of a talker, but she does do that. She'll start out a question, out of the blue, so full of pronouns that I have no idea what she is talking about.

For example: "Did you take the thing to the place?"

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

For example: "Did you take the thing to the place?"

She's in the mob?

Of course I don't wish ill on my wife, but she has been ill with a respiratory funk for a week. I gotta say, it sure has been peaceful.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like most, my wife is a talker. She knows I'm not so she doesn't get (too) offended when I zone out in the middle of a monologue. The only thing that grinds my gears is when she asks me a question: "are you going to the store tomorrow?", then before I can even answer goes into a 30 sec spiel about the weather and what she's gonna wear and this and that. Then she'll look at me like I have 2 heads and ask me again if I'm going to the store tomorrow.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My wife talks non-stop. She calls me constantly for no real reason. Excuse like:

I just left work.
I just left the store.
I'm going to another store.
The sky is blue, etc...

I love her to death, but man, STFU and enjoy the surroundings on occasion.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
After 29 years of marriage my wife knows I like quiet when I wake up and get home from work. She also knows I have no patience for too much yapping so she minimizes her talk. I couldn’t take someone who has to talk all the time.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Em ex was a non-stop talker, mostly about the most inane crap or her stilted opinions on everything.../QUOTE]

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I dont talk. The wife doesnt. It works well.
The kids, on the other hand....
listening to my son tell a story gives what my dad once called “sweaty ears” - when someone talks and talks and hardly says anything, and gives your ears a workout. Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I call it, "Diarrhea of the mouth", and it drives me up a wall!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post