SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anybody Else Here Also Live With a Ma'am or Sir Talksalot?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anybody Else Here Also Live With a Ma'am or Sir Talksalot? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
My wife, love her with all my soul and part of that love is dealing with her always talking. Case in point, the following:

Her: do you want sit outside and listen to the [baseball] game there?
Me: sure, sounds like a great idea (she heads out back while I gather my beer and a light sweatshirt)
Her: you might want to turn up the volume to hear the game out here (I turn it up)
Her: so what do you think about... I love the way the backyard is turning out... here, listen to this...

Her: are you made at me, what's wrong?
Me: no, just trying to listen to the game
Her: oh okay... blah blah blah... are you listening to me?

Grrrrrr

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The eternal struggle between women and men.

Men love quiet and focus, and have one-track minds. Women love talking and activity, and always have a bajillion things juggling around in their heads all at once.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Once I didn’t speak to my wife for 4 days.

Just hated to interrupt her.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
My GF occasionally, but not often.

My sister, OTOH....

I just can't get off the phone with her.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have three boys, 5, 4, and 1 they never shut up ever. The 4 year old talks in his sleep just as much as he does when he is awake.

There is no conversation possible between my wife and I in our house.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My wife talks continuously. Doesn’t matter whether she knows the subject material or not she talks and talks and talks.

If she wakes up in the middle of the night to pee she walks down the hall talking to herself. And then on the way back she talks to the dog and the two cats to tell them not to make any noise and wake me up.

Her entire family is the same way, they all say it’s my fault that I don’t talk enough. Who knows, maybe they’re right LOL

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
My fiancée is a talker. Lots of long, long, long stories that go seemingly nowhere or everywhere at times and filled with people I’ll likely never meet. But she’s an absolutely beautiful, sweet, partner and companion. After the crap I’ve been through in my life I’m thankful to have someone as amazing as she is to share my life with. So she talks a lot ... meh, it’s become a wonderful reminder of how blessed I am and of how much God loves me.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I have three boys, 5, 4, and 1 they never shut up ever. The 4 year old talks in his sleep just as much as he does when he is awake.

There is no conversation possible between my wife and I in our house.

My best friend has two kids: a daughter, age 7, and a son, age 5. His son is pretty quiet. His daughter, though, will try to monopolize our attention with constant chatter if she sees her father and I trying to talk to each other or playing a board game. But if we're not paying attention to each other, then she sort of wanders off and plays by herself.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Married 53 years this December. My wife, bless her heart never misses an opportunity to talk. The biggest problem is that she won't tell you directly what she is wanting to say but must put in 2-3 minutes of background plus another 2-3 minutes of what that currently reminds her of plus another 3-5 minutes of how this is all affected by whatever. By the time she gets into her punch line I have forgotten what she is talking about. When talking with other adults one has to butt in on her dialogue to make a point cause once she starts she won't shut up.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add to all that, my girlfriend's excessive use of pronouns and within a minute or two, I have no idea who or what she's talking about.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9161 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife says I never listen to her. At least I think that's what she said.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yea. Man do some people, particularly my wife, love to talk.

Women really love to talk. I do my best to shut up and listen.

It hurts their feelings for you not too but it needs to be a two way street.

A blathering women is mind numbing.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Add to all that, my girlfriend's excessive use of pronouns and within a minute or two, I have no idea who or what she's talking about.

A minute or two? Hell, my wife will just launch into a monologue using nothing but generic pronouns from the get-go, and then get mad when I have to stop her to try to puzzle out exactly who she's talking about!

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
If my wife could only learn HOW to listen to a baseball game. You know, listen to pitches and talk in between them???

Today, the Padres had a 21 minute bee delay. She was able to listen to the commentators, thoughtfully comment in awe with how fast a bee keeper responded to remove the swarm, and think of some reasons how management was able to deal with the situation in such an expeditious manner. So yeah, I'm thinking listening to remainder of the game outside would be great.

After the middle of the fourth inning, she had no clue when to talk and when to breath and gather more strength (to talk). Suffice to say, she had unlimited talking strength.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
My now ex-wife was like a tape-recorder: She Started every story at the beginning (or before), and went on forever. If interrupted, she would have to start at the beginning, again.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
If I want her to stop talking, all I have to do is tune the TV to anything sports related. A baseball game she might last an inning. Football? She’s gone before Brady can call the next play.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pretty severe hearing loss. Often I cant kids or womens voices.
And I make that fact very clear to anyone I have any real contact with.
I used to work with a chick who talked non stop. I told her often I could not hear her. Did not register at all. She kept yammering on. It finally dawned on me that, to her, it did not matter if I heard her at all. She was essentially talking to herself.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I think that'd be just fine with me, it certainly used to be.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I have a pretty severe hearing loss. Often I cant kids or womens voices.
And I make that fact very clear to anyone I have any real contact with.
I used to work with a chick who talked non stop. I told her often I could not hear her. Did not register at all. She kept yammering on. It finally dawned on me that, to her, it did not matter if I heard her at all. She was essentially talking to herself.

High frequency hearing loss is God's gift to old men.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've dealt with a lot of grisly stuff in my time, to the point were I don't want to see, hear, or think about it any more. My wife loves the bloodiest, goriest, most horrific true crime stories. When she puts them in tv, I take out my hearing aids and focus on my computer or book. She often pulls me out of these escapes to chatter endlessly about shit I don't want to hear. She's currently pissed cause I told her I couldn't stand it and to leave me alone about that shit.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post