SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is so wrong in so many ways

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
This is so wrong in so many ways Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I rarely look at junk email, and this one would have gone into the bit bucket with all the others, except something I noticed caused me to look at it. Here is the email, verbatim:

quote:
REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT Bank Of America
FROM THE DESK OF MR. BRUCE THOMPSON
Assistant Director / Head of Remittance Department
Private Coded Telephone Banking, Bank Of America
Email: mrdennis_johnson@aol.com
Office Cell: +1 520-261-2492

Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)

Dear Valued Customer,

I am Mr. Bruce R. Thompson, Assistant Director / Head of Remittance Department. We sincerely apologize for our delay in the release of your approved contract inheritance/ lottery winning payment of $17,900,000.00 MILLION United States Dollars as approved by the U.S Treasury Department/ International Monetary Fund (IMF).

I humbly wish to inform you that the Department of Credit & Telex control of the Bank Of America has received an instruction Order to effect the wire transferring of your approved fund of USD $17,900,000.00 MILLION to you immediately.You are advised to reconfirm the below required information's to us immediately to enable us proceed with the transfer as soon as possible.

Your Full Names
Contacts address
Office Tel, Cell and Fax
Occupation, Age and Marital Status
Bank Details such as; Bank Name, Bank Address, Account Name, Account Number, Route Number
Copy of your passport, or driver’s license.

Note: You shall receive your approved payment of $17,900,000.00 MILLION 48hours to the confirmation of the above requested information's from you.

Thanking you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

For And On-behalf Of
Federal Reserve Baord Corporation.

Mr. Bruce R. Thompson,
Assistant Director / Head of Remittance Department
The Private Banking and Investment Group
Private Coded Telephone Banking
Bank Of America
Email: mrdennis_johnson@aol.com
Office Cell: +1 520-261-2492

So, the first laugher (besides the non-English tone of the writing) was the AOL email address. Right.

Second, he addresses himself as Mr. Bruce Johnson, but his email states DENNIS Johnson. Can't make up your mind, spammer?

Third, his area code (520) is Arizona, yet he references time by Eastern Daylight time (EDT). Sure.

Fourth, he can't decide whether the 17 million he wants to send you is inheritance money or lottery winning. Make up your mind, stupid.

Fifth, (and who would be stupid enough to send a bank account number and routing number to a stranger?), "Board" is misspelled in the closing.

Anyone want to try calling Mr Bruce/Dennis Johnson and having some fun with him? I'll bet dollars to donuts his accent will sound sub-Saharan.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not $17 million. 17,900,000 MILLION. That’s like nearly 18 gazillion.

Posts: 26929 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Well, the Federal Reserve Baord Corporation is probably gonna send you part of its income. I wonder if this should be treated as a dividend?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
$17,900,000,000,000.00 doesn't go far nowadays. I hope you are modest in your wishes.

Posts: 9164 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post