SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Missed My New Job Orientation Today..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Missed My New Job Orientation Today.. Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
It just gives you a story to tell at your retirement dinner!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You are all great! I thank you for your encouraging words here. I got email confimation today for 8:00 AM orientation. I hope to start later at 2:30. I will keep you posted how it goes. Really need to shut down here as 2:30 AM wake up to shower then a couple more hours rest before orientation. Back at you tomorrow.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Best wishes and prayers for success with your new job.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news!
Please keep us posted.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Congrats and glad to hear you got the job. Best wishes.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
congratulations.

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news, David! Congratulations!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ok, where is that David, with stories of his 1st day? Cool

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Here Q.. Big Grin. Actually, yesterday was my first day. 8:00 AM was paperwork, a OIF Veteran reading from a monitor, safety, drug policy, tornado shelters, fire hazords, you get the idea. They had me work on a press with 2 station die set untill 2:30 in the afternoon. Its not difficult work, just repetitive motion production. I noticed my lower back was sort of stiff from the right, left, forward and rearward turning and stepping. Went in today @ 2:30 and by 6:15 my back was sqwauking at me pretty good. I ran 320 cycles on the car seat recliner assemblies. Thats about 1,400 movements in different short directions. When I went to break I was hurting lower back at spine, left and right. My steps are short due to pain and very slow right now. Im eating ibuprophen and getting in and out of my van is interesting. I left at 6:30 and will call HR in the morning. I hope after tonight to spend a few nights and days excercising and careful stretches as being idle for many months has made my lower back area weak. I hope to start back over there Monday afternoon. I might not be able to do the repetitive body motion production on that machine. When I was young I did pretty much any type of work from construction labor to very high volumn industrial production. The body aint young no more.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new job, David!

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Good morning and thank you. Its Flea Market time here and the place is full of Vendors. I gotta work this weekend but wont be getting too carried away. I have a lower back that needs strengthening. Still have medium pain mostly at lower left back. I hope I can do the job there. Got some coffee here, waiting for old Joe and have ACDC Thunder Struck on the radio.. Big Grin

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I hope your body toughens up to the work. Maybe you should be actively seeking another less physically demanding job, whilst working this one.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post