SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Hampshire GOP Senate nominee Bolduc pivots after win, says 2020 election 'not stolen'
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hampshire GOP Senate nominee Bolduc pivots after win, says 2020 election 'not stolen' Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Thank you, Steve. People need to fucking wake up. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:

I won’t get behind a mouthy ass who doesn’t stand a chance of winning?
If the GOP is dumb enough to nominate him in 2024 I guess I will again but there are countless people who are far better qualified. He’s way too divisive to attract moderates.

In case you didn't notice this forum has four dedicated threads (Trump) at the top of the primary section.

There are a lot of us that appreciate someone who finally stood for something, not the run-of-the-mill go along to get along Republican who is only in it for the continuation of the Deep State.

Donald Trump despite some personality aspects that some can't seem to get over at least tried to get the country back on track.

So many value personality over substance.
Sad that a tweet is more important than a solid platform.
That is the tragic part.

I don't see any that are more qualified but then again I am not a spineless-moderate either.

The problem isn't that Trump can't get along and is on a power trip.
The problem is the massive Cartel of Tech and Media and how the corrupt Left is using them for their agenda.

I already said more than once that Trump made progress in several areas that the country needed improvement in.

It’s clear that many people here have never been in any kind of leadership position. You can accomplish far more, even with people who you are complete opposites position-wise. To be fair, the media had it out for him from the beginning but a good leader can rise above the petty shit. He didn’t.

He alienated members of his own party, the left, the media, leaders of our allies. His White House bled staff.

And I feel like you’re being a bit short sighted with dismissing someone with at least a bit of centerist appeal. Trump lost the popular vote. He won because of the weirdness that is voting districts. Some of those have surely been re-drawn and may change how the electoral college votes go.

I voted for Trump. Twice. But it was only because that’s who got the spot on the ticket. Both parties do a pretty lousy job of putting the best person forward. And I couldn’t care less how many threads there are here on Trump. He could’ve done so much more including having a second term if he hadn’t acted like a bratty child so often.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
How about your list of candidates better than Trump?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
How about your list of candidates better than Trump?

I voted for Cruz in the primaries in 2016 and would again. I should have worded my post better to be fair as I don’t have a list of names but the reality is if Trump ends up as the nominee, it will take a tremendous screwup from the DNC for him to win. He was divisive in 2016 and his own antics (as well as manufactured BS from the media to be fair) has only widened that gap. Putting him on the ticket will all but guarantee at least 4 more years of a democrat in the WH.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Guys you have to let this go.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...ud-in-2020-election/
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...tion-lost-not-stolen

https://law.stanford.edu/stanf...h-michael-mcconnell/

This final Heritage.org site. Dive right in. See if you can find enough to over turn a national election.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

Do you see anyone on the Democratic side saying they have to drop the Russian Collusion allegation? You do know the Russian Collusion is about how the Trump campaign supposedly colluded with the Russians to influence the 2016 elections in favor of Trump, don't you?

No one is talking about overturning a national election. But you're going to tell me that a President who delivered on his promises, gained black and hispanic votes on his re-election, had blacks in Chicago campaigning for his re-election was beaten by a guy who hid in his basement, got more votes than Barack Obama, who apparently had help by the Lincoln Project and Mark Zuckerberg who donated millions to help get out the Democrat vote lost in an up and up election?

This definitely fits the phrase, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Putting him on the ticket will all but guarantee at least 4 more years of a democrat in the WH.

Utter bullshit.

With all due respect of course.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 2020 election, House Republicans out performed Trump pretty much across the country. Why is that? If you google any variation of "Republicans out performed Trump in down ballot races" or vice versa you get dozens of articles. Here are two. The conclusions drawn in basically all the articles were that many moderate voters were tired of the chaos in the Trump White House. But they were not ready to embrace the left wing nonsense of down ballot Democrats. So there was a fair amount of ticket splitting.

If Trump is the 2024 nominee, and he continues maintain that he really did win the 2020 election, can he take that to a victory in 2024? In my opinion that's a sure loser.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog...mpared-to-joe-biden/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...te-legislatures.html

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This is a major reason I despise politicians. They are lying scumbags, both left and right.

AMEN!!!!!!!

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
In the 2020 election, House Republicans out performed Trump pretty much across the country. Why is that? If you google any variation of "Republicans out performed Trump in down ballot races" or vice versa you get dozens of articles. Here are two. The conclusions drawn in basically all the articles were that many moderate voters were tired of the chaos in the Trump White House. But they were not ready to embrace the left wing nonsense of down ballot Democrats. So there was a fair amount of ticket splitting.

If Trump is the 2024 nominee, and he continues maintain that he really did win the 2020 election, can he take that to a victory in 2024? In my opinion that's a sure loser.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog...mpared-to-joe-biden/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...te-legislatures.html

Wow, more 'reports' from shills for the Left and the Deep State to tell us how Trump is bad and the election was totally on the up & up! Roll Eyes

Seriously, links from the New York Times and the Brookings Institute, THE principal Democratic Party think-tank! I can 'google' any variation to find out Trump is bad and lost fair & square...There's literally dozens of articles that Google will find for me! Roll Eyes

Here's a fun fact: Thousands of uncreased 'Mail-in Ballots' with only one vote...Joe Biden, and ZERO down ballot votes! How does that happen...It's a real puzzler ain't it?

Sooo, were you a 'Fed' for too long, or just been living in New Jermany too long?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what any of us believe about the election, the independent voters - the ones who actually decide elections, are completely turned off by talk of stolen elections. Therefore I’d say this is a damn good pivot. We can’t operate like we have a fair, honest and impartial media. The reality is that the typical middle of the road voter that decides elections doesn’t get all the facts, and likely never will. Accordingly we can’t operate as if all voters will have access to all evidence, all opinions and all theories about the election. So we have to stay within boundaries that one scare the hell out of independent voters. That means that talking about stolen elections is a losing election strategy for general elections, and in this case it gives me some hope that the general might stand a fighting chance in the general election.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's true that the squishy middle controls our elections. That's an unfortunate fact of life and the reason the Republic teeter's on the precipice. We can only hope they wake up and have a little bit of the old self preservation instinct. You would think they would be close to rebellion, having been lied to by the Democrats and media, who sold them Joe as a moderate. However, moderate voters seem to be some of the dumber voters, so it's hard to speculate on how effective the media will be during their midterm campaign for Democrats.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bolduc may have pivoted after his win, but one thing I think almost everyone here will agree on. Trump will not pivot about the 2020 election. He will continue to maintain that he actually won the 2020 election. He will never say otherwise.

If Trump is the nominee, the press and the Democratic nominee will join forces and raise the issue as often as possible with Trump. It will come up in the debates. It will come up in interviews. Trump will not be able to resist weighing in on the subject. And lets not forget the current issue of the classified documents. Plus the New York Attorney General investigation. All these issues will be brought front and center by the Dems and their allies in the press. Of course other issues will come up too, but the press and the Dems will try to goad Trump into talking about these issues as often as possible.

So if the 2024 election is a referendum on Biden and his policies, I think Biden will lose. If the Dems and their allies in the press are successful in making Trump the issue, I think the Democratic nominee will win. There are too many independents who have been turned off by Trump.

If anyone thinks that Trump will have the discipline to stay on message and focus on the future while pointing out Biden's failed policies, I think you are mistaken. At all of his rallies since the election, Trump has spent as much time (if not more) on his personal issues and the 2020 election as he has on inflation, the border etc. That's not going to change if he is the nominee. I don't see that as a winning strategy.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
It's true that the squishy middle controls our elections. That's an unfortunate fact of life and the reason the Republic teeter's on the precipice. We can only hope they wake up and have a little bit of the old self preservation instinct. You would think they would be close to rebellion, having been lied to by the Democrats and media, who sold them Joe as a moderate. However, moderate voters seem to be some of the dumber voters, so it's hard to speculate on how effective the media will be during their midterm campaign for Democrats.

Moderate voters tend to lack firm principles and don't stand for anything. The also often perceive themselves as 'virtuous' for not being identified as 'extreme', and historically the media has lauded them for this. Thus the see themselves as the 'good' voters and believe they are the reasonable part of the electorate. Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, how they see themselves is pretty much the opposite of reality. Not only are they some of the dumber voters, they are also dangerous as a result. Yes, we are here on the precipice, with liberty, freedom and the future of this country seemingly in their hands! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The media is the media. The difference is they are no longer hiding the fact that they are the propaganda wing for the DNC. As far as the election strategy for the last few cycles I disagree. Both sides since 2012 have abandoned the center and actively worked to appeal to the extremist factions of their own party. The middle has tuned out. They're sick of all the shit. Just look at how they've been referred to here. Spineless, squishy, dumb, lack principles and don't stand for anything, and dangerous. Kinda hard to build a winning message and coalition when you have such disdain for the folks you're trying to team up with don't you think?

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Oh come on. Many polls show that a slight majority of all voters believe there was significant fraud in the last election.
Appealing to the virtuous centre is what the DNC and their partners the MSM do. It’s all about buzz words and white guilt. Trump ran before on policies and he will again. He is currently pointing out lawlessness and widespread hypocrisy. Once his party starts working together and begins pointing out that the DNC and MSM continue to deny the 2016 election was fair and insist the election system can be corrupted it’s hard to imagine the independent voters will consider this issue is a decisive factor. It is much more likely that they will vote the economy.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I voted for Cruz in the primaries in 2016 and would again.

He was divisive in 2016 and his own antics (as well as manufactured BS from the media to be fair)

I love Cruz and was all in on Cruz prior to Trump.
But Trump was the right man for the job and a superior leader.

As for a "divisive" candidate ~ that just shows they are effective.
It is only the other side that has those views.

If you want a melancholy candidate like we have had in the past ~ McCain or Romney that was supposed to get the so called moderate vote then we will surely lose as the Dems play that game well.

Looking back on 2016 we were on path to elect heir apparent Jeb and thank God we got Trump.

I do hope that Trump doesn't deploy the same tactics in the primaries that he did in 2016 and save them for whoever is his opponent in 2024.

As for the "pivot".

quote:
"I've come to the conclusion, and I want to be definitive on this: The election was not stolen," he said.

This was an unnecessary statement and was the cause for the article.
Better not to mention at all than start alienating the base.
For the record ~ whether it was ultimately stolen or not we will never know as we are not allowed to even talk about it or investigate it as compounded by the media.
That is even more tragic that the actual corruption.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Whether the election was stolen or not is debatable. What is not debatable is that the election was rigged for the democrats. Any objectively honest person should be able to admit that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Okay. I get that point now. Rigged from the aspect that the media is overtly pulling, planning, and strategizing on the behalf of one side. Specifically I agree. Not stolen because of preplanned election ballot tampering, harvesting, or box stuffing. If that happened it has not been proven at least to my satisfaction.

When I said you have to let this go I was referring to the notion of a truly stolen election. Why? Because its looking backward. We've beaten the media before with good strategy, message, and candidates, and yes building a coalition that includes people that might not agree on every point. The oh we lost because of fraud is weak and lazy. Its up to us to demand strong and smart candidates. Its up to us folks.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
The oh we lost because of fraud is weak and lazy.

Well, it is true. President Trump WON that election.

As the saying goes, "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

quote:
Its up to us to demand strong and smart candidates. Its up to us folks.

It doesn't MATTER who we nominate. It doesn't matter if we get the perfect dream candidate who appeals to the 'centrists' or the base or swing voters. The dems learned they can 'win' an election by massive fraud (bogus balots, code in voting machines using algorithms to switch votes, kicking out Republican poll workers, duplicating thumb drives, trunkloads of balots).

Why would they EVER run an honest election again? They got a walking potato elected with a 'record number' of votes, when he could not fill a high school gym full of supporters.

If we don't restore the integrity to the election process, we will never see a Republican president again. And the ONLY way to change the crooked process is to expose the corruption.

The 2020 election was nothing short of a coup, overturning the results of the election and taking the presidency from the legitimate winner, President Donald Trump.

But, hey, orange man bad and cnn doesn't like him, so turn your backs on him and pretend your vote really matters. . . Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same for every fool who thinks Trump stands a chance in 2024. His objectives and achievements in office were things I support, but he can't work with others and is therefore a shit leader.

Donald J. Trump was absolutely the best conservative POTUS in my lifetime. Better than Reagan.

He was fucking robbed in 2020. Trump received more votes than any other POTUS before him, including Obama's landmark run in 2008.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post