SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcyclists, please stay safe and aware
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Motorcyclists, please stay safe and aware Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
As a former motorcyclist, but not an avid one, I just want to make a PSA about safety.

Sunday I was driving south and on Rt 81 in PA. There was a slowdown up ahead due to an accident on the northbound side. Once I got near the site, I noticed a sport bike down on the highway and some distance away a body with a blanket draped over him; legs uncovered. Evidently the accident was recent as emergency vehicles were still arriving. Traffic stopped of course and later I saw all traffic being diverted into the next exit.

The sight made me sick inside.

So, please be careful out there.




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42140 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Ride like everything and everyone is trying to kill you. Because they are.
 
Posts: 294 | Registered: December 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Gear up, every time.




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" ✡ Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא עוד
 
Posts: 46609 | Location: Box 1663 Santa Fe, New Mexico | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Imabmwnut:
Ride like everything and everyone is trying to kill you. Because they are.


Yup, and as Money said, ATGATT. + I only ride in the rural country twisties or my mountain twisties. Weekends only. 10am - 2pm. No holiday weekend riding whatsoever.

Probably just another squid. Squids make up 90% of motorcycle riders in my experience. Full suit, airbag (great innovation here), SIPDE, MSF + MSF experienced, + some track days = winning. Sadly most aren’t smart enough. I’ve always said most who own motorcycles, shouldn’t.



What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
 
Posts: 14251 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcyclists, please stay safe and aware

© SIGforum 2026