SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Genius way to walk the dog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Genius way to walk the dog Login/Join 
posted
One way to tire the old pooch out!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
OMG, that's awesome. So want to try it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16410 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Now I just need to find a leash with a length that’s 1.9 times the distance between the two front trees in my yard.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Puppy dog be sleeping good tonight.

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Instead of a ball, tie something that looks like a squirrel to that leash and watch him go.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Cute video. I reported the 1 comment as hate speech.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Someone has obviously been to a greyhound track and had a eureka moment.

The guy may be a genius. The dog, not so much. This is pretty tantamount to chasing his tail

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Cute video. I reported the 1 comment as hate speech.

I just copied your idea and did the same after reading the comment.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16410 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those not aware of the many different dog trials or events, that exercise is a take on “lure coursing” where they run a rope between a series of pulleys with a lure (usually a plastic bag or the like) tied to the rope. The rope is run around a motor driven device that is controlled for speed which causes the “lure” to be taken around a course of some length.

I’ve run my dog at one where the course was set up at an enclosed baseball field with the pulleys winding around in a maze fashion giving the dog a distance of 500 yards to run. The event was originated primarily for sight hounds but many breeds love to chase and run without being hunters. My Aussie LOVES to run lure courses and it will wear him out but as they say, a tired dog is a good dog.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 813 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post