SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Special Report-How AT&T helped build far-right One America News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Report-How AT&T helped build far-right One America News Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...build-105543123.html

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) - One America News, the far-right network whose fortunes and viewership rose amid the triumph and tumult of the Trump administration, has flourished with support from a surprising source: AT&T Inc, the world's largest communications company.

A Reuters review of court records shows the role AT&T played in creating and funding OAN, a network that continues to spread conspiracy theories about the 2020 election and the COVID-19 pandemic.

OAN founder and chief executive Robert Herring Sr has testified that the inspiration to launch OAN in 2013 came from AT&T executives.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
So the Lefties going to start boycotting AT&T and burning their I Phones ?

Posts: 1350 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Wow, no bias in that blurb from Yahoo Roll Eyes

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe, AT&T getting something right.

Posts: 15032 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

I guess you haven’t seen the ‘glamour’ photos of AT&T’s saleswoman Milana Vayntrub.

Posts: 3481 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

I guess you haven’t seen the ‘glamour’ photos of AT&T’s saleswoman Milana Vayntrub.
She isn't terrible looking, but I've noticed that the latest round of AT&T commercials featuring "Lily" avoid showing her from the waist down.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Has AT&T renounced all ties, offered a few billion to BLM in atonement and begged for forgiveness yet?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
AT&T - The Right Choice

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
She isn't terrible looking, but I've noticed that the latest round of AT&T commercials featuring "Lily" avoid showing her from the waist down.

That's her choice... she's been interviewed many times about harassing feedback following her first few AT&T commercials.
So now she covers up a bit more and "hides" behind props.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Very interesting report Flash. And yes, I’m maximally surprised that AT&T supported the formation of OAN.

“Milana Aleksandrovna Vayntrub; Uzbek Cyrillic: Милана Александровна Вайнтруб; born March 8, 1987 is a Soviet-born American actress, comedian and activist. The daughter of Jewish refugees, she began her career as a child actress shortly after immigrating to the United States.”
–Wikipedia

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8969 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Interesting since AT&t owns Warner Media who owns CNN.

Posts: 5304 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's probable that AT&T still has a few misguided executives that feel its their job to make profits for the company. Don't worry, they will be disabused of that idea or likely fired.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CNN was hand wringing about the scandal of AT&T helping create a "misinformation" network.

This coming from the people that lied about Russia collusion, burried Hunter's laptop, called riots "mostly peaceful", etc.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I detest the thing that calls itself "at&t" just a little >< bit less this morning

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post