SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jihad in the Philippines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jihad in the Philippines Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 1031 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 27 seconds is that a Ruger Mini 14 / 30 or M1 30 Carbine ? It has a birdcage type flash hider so it may be a Ruger Mini 14/30 ??? I see what looks like M1 Garands and M14's being used by the militiamen later in the video. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
At 27 seconds is that a Ruger Mini 14 / 30 or M1 30 Carbine ?

Neither. That's a M14 in a synthetic stock.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a clip fed Garand in there later on, 4:40 used for training. Also looks like M-16 A-2 also. Several different rifles used.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
Looks like a clip fed Garand in there later on, 4:40 used for training. Also looks like M-16 A-2 also. Several different rifles used.

Yup, right on both counts. Not surprised at the range of USGI weaponry over there. It is neat to see. Just a bit later, there's a shot of several on the firing line, prone. I see a gorgeous tiger stripe birch stock and another with birch handguards and a walnut stock, both wearing what looks like early stainless gas systems. Neat mix of WWII issue era and postwar features. On the same line is an AK of some sort and an M16A1.

At 5:20, the guy on the right has an M16, full fence, no shell deflector, teardrop forward assist and the triangle handguards. His buddy on the left side of the screen has the same thing with round A2 handguards, both using 20rd mags. Neat mix of equipment over there, and really speaks to the various longarms the US military has issued over the years. Our surplus stuff is still killing bad fuckers dead, across the ocean, 50-75 years after being issued and fielded who knows how many times. Long shelf life on our stuff. The only other arms I'm seeing in the video so far are AK's because, well... AK (oh, and FN FAL's also because).

Posts: 17225 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Be prepared to see even greater variety. Duterte got some hassle about buying more American rifles, so he turned to China and Russia.

http://www.reuters.com/article...-putin-idUSKBN1DA1K7

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...0-rifles-philippines

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nephew in law is in Philippine National Police. While out on patrol in the province (NPA territory not Islamic) they were ambushed. 4-6 of his fellow Police Officers were shot to death. He lived through it with a leg wound. He has no sidearm, just the old M16 as described above. Another nephew in law is in Philippine Army. His M16 is also as described above.

To understand how poorly equipped the PNP and Army are just review the ISIS debacle at Marawi last year where a city of 200,000 was destroyed in an effort to save it.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If you watch it again you can clearly see the selector switch at the rear.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Nephew in law is in Philippine National Police. While out on patrol in the province (NPA territory not Islamic) they were ambushed. 4-6 of his fellow Police Officers were shot to death. He lived through it with a leg wound. He has no sidearm, just the old M16 as described above. Another nephew in law is in Philippine Army. His M16 is also as described above.

To understand how poorly equipped the PNP and Army are just review the ISIS debacle at Marawi last year where a city of 200,000 was destroyed in an effort to save it.
I heard years back the Army was out gunned by the terrorists. Even training camps in some of the islands. That from a lady I used to chat with on Yahoo. Did I see a A10 in that vid?

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Did I see a A10 in that vid?

Do you mean an OV-10?

The PAF does not operate A-10s, but does operate OV-10s.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Combat footage from the Battle of Marawi- graphic/NSFW

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Solid footage Medic451

Friend of mine with the Army returned from Zamboanga in the South last year, said it's pretty rough with the political corruption despite the gains of the Filipino Marines and SOF units. Modern gear that should reach the hard chargers on the ground, which there's no shortage of, end up getting intercepted and rerouted by another general or politician trying to carve their own little fiefdom or, using their armory as a black market store.

Posts: 14699 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that Medic451.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Digging the opening shot of the OV-10 Bronco. I like a lot of vietnam era planes but the Bronco is one of my favorites.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3812 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
If you've studied history at all you will find that fighting in built up areas is very nasty and destructive, Stalingrad, Grozny, Mosul are examples....the more you blow up the more holes you build for the rats to hide in.

I have had many Filipinos work for me over the years, some of the most good natured hard working people I have ever had the pleasure to employ, they don't give up easy....just need honest leadership and good equipment.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post