SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First US Army female Green Beret makes the local news...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First US Army female Green Beret makes the local news... Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Well it may not be news to some people but it is an incident and of public record.

It was probably announced on the local news just like every other ND, DUI, etc..

I may have overlooked something, and I'll admit that I'm relatively ignorant on a lot of things military. Having issued those disclaimers, I have to ask (based on my own possibly-flawed understandings): if this happened inside her own home, with no injuries or issues, then why is it in the public eye at all? Is there some requirement that a negligent/accidental discharge be reported? Confused

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That might possibly have something to do with the neighbors in the apartment building hearing and reporting the gunshot.

If her apartment is a shoddily built as the ones I’ve lived in, I’ll bet the sound of a gunshot was pretty apparent. I’ve often been awakened by the conversations among the drunkards downstairs from me when they come home at 3am. I sure wouldn’t bet on any of the walls stopping a bullet, and maybe not the floor, either.

Posts: 26933 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That sounds reasonable.

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I lived in an apartment, and I really didn't think about that.

Thank you, arfmel.

God bless America.

Posts: 13516 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
Well it may not be news to some people but it is an incident and of public record.

It was probably announced on the local news just like every other ND, DUI, etc..

I may have overlooked something, and I'll admit that I'm relatively ignorant on a lot of things military. Having issued those disclaimers, I have to ask (based on my own possibly-flawed understandings): if this happened inside her own home, with no injuries or issues, then why is it in the public eye at all? Is there some requirement that a negligent/accidental discharge be reported? Confused

of course not

think about what ridiculously low percentage of 'stories' make the news

desk editors typically decide what gets reported from my understanding

then of course -- once one station covers it -- the others are likely to follow

a story has to have a hook to get views / clicks

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post