SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military aircraft over Nantucket question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military aircraft over Nantucket question Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted
Is in normal for Military aircraft to fly over a place the President is or is Joe special?

Here's the https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae5f9d

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Normal, station keeping over president to deter other air assaults/attacks

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Normal, station keeping over president to deter other air assaults/attacks

But isn't that a tanker?

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Dunno, not a zoomie…. Maybe it’s unrelated..but I was tasked with Oceanside security for Clinton when he was running and when he won , and they had planes overhead in large station keeper circles..not so close the guy would know. They had a pair of F16s so a tanker would be reasonable also.

We just had our cutter and small boat running boaters away from the one mile exclusion area he was at in Savannah Ga

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a tanker, and appears to be flying a refueling track.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It is a tanker, and appears to be flying a refueling track.

Would be it normal or doing it because Biden is there?

SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
One of the new KC-46s. (Fat finger edit)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M-11,

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's out of ex-Pease AFB in Portsmouth NH, home of 157ARW: https://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/

Most likely it belongs to the NH ANG, though it may have flown in from another KC-46 base.

The link is now showing a KC-135R from PIT:

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae0596

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, SOP.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
So, SOP for a president.

In the absence of a real one, I guess they just keep going through the motions.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I think there is an air station in the area as well. I was fishing off islands close to Martha’s Vineyard when a group of A-10s started doing practice runs.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post