SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eric Garner's activist daughter in coma after heart attack
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eric Garner's activist daughter in coma after heart attack Login/Join 
posted
Things that make you go hmmmm. Im not a doctor but im starting to see a pattern of heart conditions with this family. So extrem physical activity like cadio, weight lifting, fighting the police can be hazardous to your health.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/25/...rt-attack/index.html

(CNN)The eldest daughter of Eric Garner, who died after a New York City police officer put him in a chokehold, is in a coma after suffering a heart attack, according to multiple reports.

In a series of tweets, Erica Garner's verified Twitter account asked people to pray for the activist.
"The Garner/Snipes family wants to thank you all for your prayers and support. At this moment there are no updates on Ericas condition," the tweet said. "They ask that you take this holiday to enjoy your loved ones and for self care. More updates will come as they are available."
The Garner/Snipes family wants to thank you all for your prayers and support. At this moment there are no updates on Ericas condition. They ask that you take this holiday to enjoy your loved ones and for self care. More updates will come as they are available.

The Rev. Al Sharpton tweeted that Garner, 27, had suffered a heart attack.
"Leaving hospital after praying for Erica Snipes, daughter of Eric Garner, who suffered a serious heart attack," he wrote on Twitter. "Please PRAY for her."

Garner's mother, Esaw Snipes, told The New York Times that her daughter was in a medically induced coma following a heart attack, the newspaper reported.

In July 2014, police attempted to arrest Eric Garner, a 43-year-old father of six, for allegedly selling cigarrettes illegally in Staten Island. Video of the incident shows New York Police officer Daniel Pantaleo tackling Garner from behind and taking him to the ground using a department-banned chokehold.

Rich & poor, black & white: Many in US unified in anger at Eric Garner case Garner, who had asthma, was pronounced dead that day. His apparent last words -- "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" -- became a rallying cry for protesters and outraged citizens who said the incident showed that law enforcement abused their power and mistreated people of color.

His death was ruled a homicide, but a grand jury decided not to indict Pantaleo on criminal charges. The city of New York settled with Eric Garner's estate for $5.9 million in July 2015.
In the wake of her father's death, Erica Garner became an activist and offered her perspective to the Black Lives Matter movement. She told CNN's Don Lemon she believed her father's death had more to do with police misconduct than race.

"I can't really say it's a black and white issue," she said. "It's about the police officer and abusing their power."
During the 2016 Democratic presidential primaries, she endorsed Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and prominently appeared in an ad for his campaign.

"I feel like a representative for people throughout this whole nation because I'm doing this. I'm speaking out, me being his daughter," she said in the ad. "That's what I want to do. I just want to tell my truth."

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Her share of 5.9 million would buy a lot of hobby pharmaceutical products.

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A stupid settlement on NYC's part; 5.9M for breaking the law, resisting arrest, and than the family rewarded!
What's wrong with this picture? Stupid New Yorkers!
The world is upside down for sure!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Since the family won the ghetto lottery, one thing they cannot claim is no money once the hospital bill is due.

Posts: 5303 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Her share of 5.9 million would buy a lot of hobby pharmaceutical products.

I doubt there is any left to spend.

Posts: 9045 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Standby. Someone will be along shortly to say that they would not wish this on her, and that it is sad, and anyone who doesn't share this feeling is a monster.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Standby. Someone will be along shortly to say that they would not wish this on her, and that it is sad, and anyone who doesn't share this feeling is a monster.

I shed no tears for dead or dying leeches, human or otherwise.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they will find a way to blame cops for her poor health and diet decisions.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A heart attack at 27. Gee, I wonder if suddenly having millions of dollars had anything to do with it, somehow. Roll Eyes

Bottom line, though- I really don't care. I don't care what caused this (although I think the reason is obvious) or how it turns out for her.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably lots of New York snow did her in. Not the type that one slips on, but the fine powder that went up her nose. All those millions from the ghetto lottery are not going to help her now.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

You need to upgrade to Version 1.4 Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I wish her a long and slow recovery so the BLM can pay the bill she no longer can afford.
DiBlasio wanted a ridiculous award to teach the city how much the NYPD cost them!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Looks like the universe put a choke hold on that whole family.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Since the family won the ghetto lottery, one thing they cannot claim is no money once the hospital bill is due.

I believe that could be called "Karma".

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Years ago I went on a cardiac arrest call. 26-year-old kid out riding his bike and he fell over dead on the road.

It's unusual, but it can happen.

Posts: 20109 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
DNGAF.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Eric and Erica, how innovative. I just hope she makes a recovery and a then make a difference by not having kids.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Why is this even news? Nothing better to report?

I dont think the guy should have died over cigarettes. Cops should have just took them away and walked on. Saving tax payers and avoiding a precedent he set regarding future lawsuits.

Anyway I can care less about her situation.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3865 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post