SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eggs are bad, then they became good and now they are bad again!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eggs are bad, then they became good and now they are bad again! Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted
I'll stop eating eggs the day my heart quits regardless what some kneejerk study says. Frown

https://www.foxnews.com/health...disease-in-new-study

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Milk followed the same path of 'good' to 'bad' to 'good' and recently back to 'bad' again. My consumption over the years hasn't changed one bit nor will it in the future.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I eat what I want and need. If it kills me, it kills me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Eggs for energy”

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Horse hockey

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
My son said, "Dad, it seems like you drink a lot more coffee than you used to." I replied, "Well, coffee is 'good for you' this year, so I'm taking advantage of that while it lasts."

Like the rest of you, I pay no attention to what the latest study says. For all I know, coffee is bad for you again.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
4 eggs per week are bad? Shit, I eat 4 eggs for breakfast multiple times per week!

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Good or bad. I have a couple almost every day.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
The researchers found that eating just three to four eggs per week was tied to a 6 percent higher risk of heart disease, and an 8 percent risk of dying from any cause, according to HealthDay.

Check me if I’m wrong but...isn’t the “risk of dying” 100%, no matter what you eat or don’t eat.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
researchers found that eating just three to four eggs per week was tied to a 6 percent higher risk of heart disease, and an 8 percent risk of dying from any cause
Studies have found that I’m a 600% greater asshole if I eat less than 6 eggs a week.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
No one is getting out of here alive so to hell with their dumb shit studies. They do this shit because they’ve got nothing better to do and the media reports it because it generates panicked ad revenue.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I keep making "breakfast" caserols in my Instant Pot. I'll take half of it to work for lunch. Then get home and think "Oh what the heck, I'll eat the other half for dinner. Then it will dawn on me... "Did I really eat 10 or 12 eggs today?" Eek

That's why I'm eating so many eggs, to keep my risk of dying down to only 8%. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I agree. I have milk every day and have eggs 3 times a week.

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I eat what I want and need. If it kills me, it kills me.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Get 2 to 4 per week but by McDonalds sausage egg and cheese Mcmuffin. I've long thought the only way to improve on the Mcmuffin besides triple bacon is to use only double yolkers.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:

At least three every morning for me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the giant egg consortium did in pay up

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I am going to keep eating eggs. They will be good again. Besides, if it isn't the eggs that kill me the wine, whiskey, bacon, lead exposure, sunlight, beef, grilling or my other wicked ways will take care of it. In the meantime I am enjoying my wicked ways so the guys who publish these studies can go take a flying F%$^ at a rolling doughnut. Oh yeah, doughnuts are good too.

I quit smoking 20 years ago so there is that healthy aspect.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skin cancer just killed my aunt. She was 87. She said yeah, prolly it was the tanning and cigarettes, except, uh, 87.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:

same here

along with a piece of ham or sausage for breakfast

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
The whole saturated fats and cholesterol premise is flawed but they keep going back to it. Just keep eating “low fat” packaged foods full of sugar and taking your meds and all will be good. What a crock.

If you have an unhealthy diet full of sugar and empty carbs then your body is not equipped to handle the fat and it will store it everywhere. If your body is full of inflamation due to bad diet then it will use cholesterol as a bandaid. Cholesterol is not the root of the problem.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post