SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eggs are bad, then they became good and now they are bad again!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eggs are bad, then they became good and now they are bad again! Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
How about red wine and beer. One study says they're bad. Subsequent ones will say that there's actually benefits to them. Then still others will trump that by whispering and even shouting the 'C'-word. I do hope that they'll make up their mind by the time I finish off this 6-pack...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cut back on eggs, went to buying jumbos!yum!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
The researchers found that eating just three to four eggs per week was tied to a 6 percent higher risk of heart disease, and an 8 percent risk of dying from any cause, according to HealthDay.

Check me if I’m wrong but...isn’t the “risk of dying” 100%, no matter what you eat or don’t eat.

Wrong, it's 108% if you eat eggs.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The key here is to eat bacon with your eggs. Problem solved, no more worrying about eggs.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
How about red wine and beer. One study says they're bad. Subsequent ones will say that there's actually benefits to them. Then still others will trump that by whispering and even shouting the 'C'-word. I do hope that they'll make up their mind by the time I finish off this 6-pack...

I know of no study showing that teetotalers live longer than moderate (key word here) drinkers. But some people seem to think that if you're anything but a teetotaler you must be an alcoholic.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
The researchers found that eating just three to four eggs per week was tied to a 6 percent higher risk of heart disease, and an 8 percent risk of dying from any cause, according to HealthDay.

Check me if I’m wrong but...isn’t the “risk of dying” 100%, no matter what you eat or don’t eat.

Wrong, it's 108% if you eat eggs.

Shit! So, you could really die then?!? Big Grin

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
It was just a matter of time Big Grin

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Good video. Assuming he's right, we're back at good again. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post