SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do I turn off this new android prompt?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I turn off this new android prompt? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I haven't changed anything that I know of but now every time I compose an email message I get this prompt to add the addressee. These addressees are already in my google contacts folder. I'm running Android Oreo on my phone. It's driving me nuts. Any suggestions?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go into accounts and look at the bottom of the page.Is auto sync on or off.If its on it will automatically syn with Google. Or this may work http://www.talkandroid.com/gui...droid-notifications/

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Auto-sync is on in order to ensure my email on my computer and phone is sync'd. And that 2013 notifications link is outdated unfortunately.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No one else? Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
Can try:
settings > system > languages & input > autofill service and select None.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tavman! That appears to be the ticket as Google was activated and I've switched it to None. So far so good. Really appreciate the help here!

USN (RET), COTEP #192