Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Halftime show Login/Join 
posted
Is anyone else shocked by the dystopian/ Orwellian theme?????

Posts: 128 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Am I having a nightmare, maybe a stroke?

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Thought it would never end.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Report This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Why was everyone wearing jock straps on their heads? Confused

Posts: 2337 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I kept expecting Cobra Commander to show up....

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
My wife just said those folks in the halftime show looked like they were wearing jockstraps on their heads! I had to agreed. Henceforth they will forever be known as the "jockstrap people"! Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Those on the floor with the white head coverings were signifying black lives matter. The weekend usually shows up with his head all bandaged up like some police officer beat the crap out of him.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Report This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
My wife was trying to play Pachibel's Canon on her new-old piano. The piano mostly drowned out the tv. Was the song in french, or patois, or russian? Whichever it was, underwhelming would be a compliment. I suppose that it was less bad than Boyonce but not as good as nothing.

Looks like Brady will triumph.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Report This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Reminded me of large grey aliens dressed in the colors of red, black and white. The colors associated with Satan. And did I see a 1000 pts of light? I know, I know, you asked though.
And what about those angel looking ppl at the beginning. The singer? looked like he came out of a mothership. Maybe time to step away from the Molsons. Lol

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I liked it. Not my music, but good show.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I don’t usually watch sports, but neighbors invited us over..so we went...after that “show” did anyone see the ad about the NFL spending 250 million to stop systematic racism?

We excused ourselves, thanked the host and went home.

Plus the boy needs to shower and get ready for school.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11304 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am not a huge sports fan and have not followed professional football or any football for that matter this/last year. I figured I would watch the Super Bowl tonight and was disappointed by the commercials and half-time show.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
What half time show...... The hell with the NFL! I haven’t watched a game in three years.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I don’t usually watch sports, but neighbors invited us over..so we went...after that “show” did anyone see the ad about the NFL spending 250 million to stop systematic racism?

We excused ourselves, thanked the host and went home.

Plus the boy needs to shower and get ready for school.
I heard about that. I wonder how that money will be spent, and how they will measure the effectiveness of the effort.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Neighbors invited us so we went
Knew it would be a shit show
Wasn't disappointed
Between that incoherent dick weedend and the anti American garbage on the back of helmets and unity for pussies
I'm done
Next invite, I'll make up a lie
This is the end my friend

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
best commercial was the one they didn't air with Brady and Gronk.

It is getting more showing than people watching the game.

I didn't watch the game but see this.

https://www.republicworld.com/...d-by-fans-watch.html

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
What half time show...... The hell with the NFL! I haven’t watched a game in three years.
Yeah I remeber when everyone was saying that. Didn’t watch at all this year for the first time that I can remember. Why get worked up over crap that you knew was coming.

Posts: 3931 | Registered: January 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The bandages/bruising is his way of mocking those in Hollywood that opt to undergo plastic surgery and what not for superficial/narcistic reasons.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
I was "offended" by the lack of racial diversity in the halftime show. Every single person in the halftime show was black.

There certainly is systemic racism in this country, but it's against white people, IE Affirmative Action.

JP

Posts: 2054 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
I was "offended" by the lack of racial diversity in the halftime show. Every single person in the halftime show was black.

There certainly is systemic racism in this country, but it's against white people, IE Affirmative Action.

JP

Yeah I noticed that too.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post