SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hank Arron has died.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hank Arron has died. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Only player in the 500HR club that has this stat. Great player. RIP Hammer.

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Heard an interesting stat today.. if you took away all 755 of his home runs, he'd still have over 3k hits.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Anyone else remember the old T.V. Show "Home Run Derby? I used to watch that thing... and watch Hank consistently & effortlessly "punch" the ball out of the park - time after time after time. Ahhh, the Good Old Days. One wonders if we shall ever see their like again?

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember watching him break Ruth's record as an 11 year old kid and what a momentous historical achievement it was, not just because of his breaking the record, but because of the hate directed at him for daring to do so. Still the home run king. RIP, Hammerin' Hank.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5174 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Did anybody else see him on TV a couple weeks back getting the c-19 vaccine?

I wonder if there are controlling entities not wanting that openly known and discussed?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14042 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That fact has not gone unnoticed.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
That fact has not gone unnoticed.

But will it be forgotten?

(Hence my Sig)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14042 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I remember well being a fan of his and tracking his progress to and beyond the record. It was always a treat to see him play on tv and in person. I remember watching this one on tv. I grew in and north of Atlanta and the Braves were my team. They still are even now that I’m in Tennessee. Last time I saw Yank Aaron in person was at the opening game of Turner Field. He’ll be missed.
As a side note, was that Chief Nockahomer (sp?) that ran up in Para’s video? I remember him and his teepee dance at every Braves home run. I miss running into Braves players over the years.

Posts: 6018 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post