SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pennsylvania lawmakers want 'Jan 6 Day' to be observed in public schools
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pennsylvania lawmakers want 'Jan 6 Day' to be observed in public schools Login/Join 
posted
Virtue signaling as an art form

"A trio of Pennsylvania lawmakers have announced they will soon introduce a bill that seeks the establishment and observation of a "Jan. 6 Day" in the state's public school system.

Please join me in co-sponsoring this legislation to ensure our students never forget to honor the courage and sacrifice of the fallen, as well as the bravery of the survivors who defended the nation and Constitution on January 6," Haywood wrote in a memorandum."

https://wpde.com/news/nation-w...d-neilson-chris-rabb

Posts: 776 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will go anywhere, but look who PA elected for senator ...

Posts: 27975 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If I lived in PA (or ANY State that enacted this!), AND had ANY school age children, we would be on the mountain skiing/snowboarding that day!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8927 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they realize January 6 is Epiphany?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Best planned "insurrection" ever... Not a weapon in sight, except for the cops.

quote:
Haywood lists the five police officers who he claims "died as a result of injuries sustained during the battle [on Jan. 6] or subsequent to it" in his memorandum. They are:

Officer Howard Liebengood (51), Capitol Police Department.
Officer Brian Sicknick (42), Capitol Police Department.
Officer Kyle DeFreytag (26), Metropolitan Police Department.
Officer Gunther Hashida (43), Metropolitan Police Department.
Officer Jeffrey Smith (35), Metropolitan Police Department.
Sicknick and Liebengood died in the days following Jan. 6, with a medical examiner ruling Sicknick "died of natural causes." However, Sicknick's department later acknowledged he died in the line of duty.

Liebengood died of suicide just three days after the attack. DeFreytag, Hasida and Smith also committed suicide shortly after the events of Jan. 6. All were present at the Capitol that day, having responded to the scene when called, a source confirmed to CNN.

Uhhhhh, huh...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Another date that will live in infamy.

The day the people with all the guns decided to overthrow the government without bringing any of their guns. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Liebengood died of suicide just three days after the attack. DeFreytag, Hasida and Smith also committed suicide shortly after the events of Jan. 6.

I still find that to be strange.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15905 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Let’s all bow our heads in remembrance of the millions of dead senators and citizens that died in the attack on democracy, 06Jan21.

RIP to the following:

Posts: 45382 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Liebengood died of suicide just three days after the attack. DeFreytag, Hasida and Smith also committed suicide shortly after the events of Jan. 6.

I still find that to be strange.

Posts: 23512 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
It could turn into our very own November 5.

Imagine horned hats and furs instead of Guy Fawkes masks.

Someone get to writing a catchy poem!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16272 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post