SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photags that use post production - Affinity?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photags that use post production - Affinity? Login/Join 
posted
I have been getting more and more into photography over the last few years, and recently bought the subscription to Lightroom and Photoshop. Damn there is a bunch to learn there.
Anyway, I recently had a friend mention he is using Affinity, and was not sure if anybody is currently using it. It is a $49 one time fee, and can be used across platforms, is web based, but does not allow for photo storage (for $49 one time fee).

Does anybody have experience with it? It looks to provide 90% of what photoshop does, but with a singular one time payment.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using GIMP at home for years. It's free and has many of the advanced functions you'd find in a program like Photoshop. Nothing to offer on Affinity though, sorry.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I purchased it over the holidays at a discounted price. I also bought the book along with watching many of the tutorials on their website and Youtube.

I feel it is a great photoshop replacement. While I don't consider myself an expert at Photoshop, I would guess that Affinity does most, if not all, what the average PS user would need.

I never got into the rental of software and still had CS2 on my PC at home. I put Affinity on my MacBook Pro and my iPad.

Look at the many excellent tutorials and decide.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4232 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I've had Affinity now for almost a year and purchased it when they no longer supported Aperture, I love it. Great features and excellent video tutorials if you have the time and patience. It gave me a step up in photoshopping thru experience from practice. Additionally as far as post processing has a great amount of tools to use. I did go thru just about all their tutorials that were extremely helpful and great resources. Here's an example of the tools used to photoshop...just something I wanted to learn and Affinity made it easy to use with not too shabby results.

In this photo I was fortunate to already have my cats tail bend at a certain point. I just wanted to make him look huge sitting on the hood of my car for a laugh..

End result using their software

As far as post processing, I've basically just scratched the surface. I sold all my dslr stuff and just use it to enhance smartphone images if need.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post