SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon - Cancel someone else's auto ship?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon - Cancel someone else's auto ship? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
The prior owners of our house must have a quarterly autoship set up, is there any way to cancel it? Or do I just have to either return to Amazon or else just toss it?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to get in touch with them to let them know you are reviving packages for them. If so they might be able to cancel or give Amazon their new address to have the packages sent to them.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It was not an amicable transaction in the end, and we have no contact info for the sellers.

Posts: 15342 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What type items are you receiving? Is it Good Stuff?

I was under the impression that if things that you did not order are delivered to you, you can legarrly keep them. I might be wrong.
Maybe contact Amazon support and tell them to stop sending stuff? Do it by chat or email, rather than phone call, so that you will have a record of your request.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Vitamins, nothing exciting. 2 big bottles every quarter.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
It was not an amicable transaction in the end, and we have no contact info for the sellers.
Perhaps contact their realtor, and their realtor can call them. Their realtor's contact should be on the closing documents as they got 1/2 the commission. If not, your realtor will have their contact info.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

I'd just let it go, they should be smart enough to figure it out, it's on their amazon charge statement.

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
It was not an amicable transaction in the end…

Let them keep delivering. Toss them in the trash or give them away.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4027 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was under the impression that if things that you did not order are delivered to you, you can legarrly keep them.

It also has to be addressed to you, or to "or current resident."

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I vote for doing onto others as you would them have do onto you.

Contacting the realtor sounds like the way to go.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MWills
posted Hide Post
If Amazon is sending them they are also billing someone. I would suggest it is up to the person being billed to straighten it out.

I was ​always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps ​getting harder to find one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Mark Twain land, MO | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I agree with contacting the realtor. They would have the contact information on the sellers.
If that didn’t work, then you’d have to refuse the shipment, and tell the Amazon driver that the addressee is no longer at this address. That might work, once the company got their product back a few times.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents. Realtor is a non-starter, as they cut all contact with her after the sale.
I'll try the Amazon chat route & maybe try to catch a driver next time I see them out.

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
As a long time and generally satisfied Amazon customer, I’ll give you a heads up…

Amazon is no longer a star in the “Customer Service” area. Trying to get ahold of anyone for any non-routine thing (Order status/tracking/return) has become a bit of a nightmare.

Chat is now an automated process and every time I’ve tried to use it it becomes an infinite loop, offer one hopeful option after another only to return you to someplace you’ve been that doesn’t help.

Save yourself some misery and call them 888-280-4331 - may have to scream “Agent” a few times to get a person, but you should be able to talk to someone. Once you have a real person they should be able to help you.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say you've done your due diligence. Start trashing them.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Certainly the closing attorney/firm has contact info for them. If you look at your settlement statement from your closing, it should have contact info for the firm that handled it, and may very well have contact info for the seller as well.

I would try to contact the seller at least once to have a clear conscience in disposing of them after that.

Lastly, I wouldn’t put too much blame on them not noticing the missing shipments. I order a lot from Amazon, and I may look at recent orders to check delivery status. But if I hadn’t ordered anything in a week or two, I certainly wouldn’t notice a shipment from a recurring order that only comes periodically. At least I wouldn’t if I didn’t have delivery notifications set up, and they may not.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I certainly wouldn’t notice a shipment from a recurring order that only comes periodically.
I would certainly notice if I got billed for something that I did not receive, but I'm pretty CDO* about tracking credit card charges.
*CDO is somewhat like OCD, but in alphabetical order, as it should be.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post