SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2024 CPAP Karma!!! ***WINNER Beancooker***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2024 CPAP Karma!!! ***WINNER Beancooker*** Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
We just haven’t done many of these lately.

After losing over 20 pounds, I found that I no longer suffered from Sleep Apnea. So up for grabs today is a ResMed Airsense 11. Used a little under 2 years (4335 hours). Comes with the original travel case and all non-personal peripherals. A few requirements:

• Open to anyone in good standing with forum membership. This unit must be for you or a friend/loved one.

• You must possess a current valid prescription for use of this medical device. Entering this giveaway is implied compliance with this requirement. You should be prepared to supply written evidence of this.

• It is highly recommended that the recipient consult with their healthcare professional to ensure this machine is appropriate for their use.

• Offer applies only to members residing in the continental United States. Must be able to receive shipments from UPS only.

• To enter you must post reason(s) you want and/or deserve this karma. The winner will be determined in a purely arbitrary manner at a time unbeknownst even to me.

• Failure to respond to winning in a reasonable amount of time will result in declaration of a new winner.

• I reserve the right to change or modify the rules at any time.

Good luck all!!

Airsense 11 by kpkina, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."
  •  
    Posts: 16956 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I Am The Walrus
    posted Hide Post
    Please do not enter me as the VA provides my ResMed CPAP to me. I wanted to thank you for a wonderful karma as this can absolutely change someone’s life. I suffered for years with sleep apnea. My wife was afraid it would shorten my life. I have never slept better.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Alea iacta est
    Picture of Beancooker
    posted Hide Post
    I would love to enter this karma. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea back in 2016 and I still haven’t gotten a cpap. It was something I had never prioritized, but my wife feels it is pretty important. It may even help me sleep from what I hear.
    My current doctor will very happily provide a prescription.

Thank you for offering such an awesome and generous karma.

09/04/2024 ETA…

I am and always have been a stomach sleeper. I have some pretty bad back issues that I am getting treated. One suggestion was for me to sleep on my back. I try, and try, however when I sleep on my back, when I fall asleep, I almost immediately wake up from my airway closing. It is impossible to sleep on my back. On my stomach, at least I can breathe somewhat, however it aggravates my back to the point of waking up every couple hours for heat and stretches. I feel like insomnia insanity is a real thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beancooker,

quote:
    Originally posted by sigmonkey:
    I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
    The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ducatista
    Picture of rainman64
    posted Hide Post
    Count me in!

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    I do not need this as I have a main and a backup machine but would encourage anyone here who does have a CPAP and does not have a backup machine to put in for this. You never know if something could go wrong with your machine and getting a replacement might be delayed.

My FIL had this happen and was without a machine for a week, I cannot sleep even a night without one now.

This would make an excellent backup!

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    My Resmed Airsense 10 is quite close to its 5 year life so having an Airsense 11 in the wings would be great. Been on CPAP now since 1997. Huge difference in my sleep and life.

ADDENDUM: Thanks but after reading some of the other member's needs, I wish to withdraw myself for consideration.

If an emergency eventuates I can avail myself of a local durable medical equipment provider who should have stock on hand or worse case have a new unit overnighted to me.

And as an aside my Oscar software shows I use the unit on average 13 hours a day over 5 or more sessions. My meds really screw with my sleep patterns and tire me out. Hence a shorter service unit life here in years before the dreaded warning messages.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Serenity now!
    Picture of 4x5
    posted Hide Post
    I would love a chance at this - like bald1, my Airsense 10 is now over 7 years old, so this would be a great replacement. Thanks!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
    ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Loading the wagon
    posted Hide Post
    Please count me in. I also am using a well worn AirSense 10.

Posts: 276 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
    Picture of 911Boss
    posted Hide Post
    Please enter me in this karma. My Air 10 is giving me the “exceeded blower life” error every time it turns on, so not sure how much longer it will last.

Retired now so premium employer insurance is no more and I currently am unable to replace it as an out of pocket expense.

Please and thank you!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11228 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Was that you
    or the dog?
    Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
    posted Hide Post
    Please count me. in. I travel a lot by air and would love to have a unit specifically for travel in case anything happened to it. Thanks!

Posts: 1655 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Cruising the
    Highway to Hell
    Picture of 95flhr
    posted Hide Post
    Do not include me.

As CPAP User, supplied by the VA, and I have a spare. Good on you for putting this out there. As much as I’ve disliked mine over the years, it has helped me sleep immensely.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
    ― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by bald1:
    My Resmed Airsense 10 is quite close to its 5 year life so having an Airsense 11 in the wings would be great. Been on CPAP now since 1997. Huge difference in my sleep and life.

ADDENDUM: Thanks but after reading some of the other member's needs, I wish to withdraw myself for consideration.

If an emergency eventuates I can avail myself of a local durable medical equipment provider who should have stock on hand or worse case have a new unit overnighted to me.

And as an aside my Oscar software shows I use the unit on average 13 hours a day over 5 or more sessions. My meds really screw with my sleep patterns and tire me out. Hence a shorter service unit life here in years before the dreaded warning messages.

That is mighty noble of you, bald1.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Posts: 16956 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eschew Obfuscation
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Beancooker:
    I was diagnosed with sleep apnea back in 2016 and I still haven’t gotten a cpap. It was something I had never prioritized, but my wife feels it is pretty important. It may even help me sleep from what I hear.

Please do not include me as I replaced my machine last Fall.

But Beancooker, I do want to say that you should make getting a CPAP machine a priority. Listen to your wife. A CPAP machine will not only improve your sleep, it could literally save your life.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of msfzoe
    posted Hide Post
    After a sleep study, I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea. My Medicare provider, after three weeks is still jerking me around and I do not have the needed CPAP machine. The sleep study indicated that i experienced 54 episodes per hour. Anything you could do would be much appreciated.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Better Than I Deserve!
    Picture of LBTRS
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, very nice karma...thanks for doing this.

I have two Airsense 11's so please don't add me but wanted to says thanks! Congrats on the weight loss.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Congrats on the weight loss.

Wish I could take credit, but what did it for me was getting off Prednisone (for eczema).

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Alea iacta est
    Picture of Beancooker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by CoolRich59:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Beancooker:
    I was diagnosed with sleep apnea back in 2016 and I still haven’t gotten a cpap. It was something I had never prioritized, but my wife feels it is pretty important. It may even help me sleep from what I hear.

Please do not include me as I replaced my machine last Fall.

But Beancooker, I do want to say that you should make getting a CPAP machine a priority. Listen to your wife. A CPAP machine will not only improve your sleep, it could literally save your life.

Yeah, that’s what I’m hearing. Some things have changed pretty drastically in my life rather recently. We shall see what God has planned for me.

quote:
    Originally posted by sigmonkey:
    I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
    The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not all who wander
    are lost.
    Picture of JohnV
    posted Hide Post
    Very generous Karma! Please include me. I'd like to use this for a backup and for travel as well. I love my Airsense 11.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4321 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Big Grin

They make a HUGE difference.

Nap time!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Loves His Wife
    Picture of BRL
    posted Hide Post
    My airsense 10 has got to be short lived. I think I’ve had that for 9 years and have replaced every component except the base unit, some multiple times. If mine dies I’d expect Mrs. BRL to smother me with a pillow.

Please include me and I will relate the 10 to backup duty and travel.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post