SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Geographic mobility
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geographic mobility Login/Join 
posted
I have the feeling that many of the members have lived all over the country. How many states have you lived in?

I have lived in six. IL,IN,WI,TX,TN,MS.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
four

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Six as well. TX,NM,NY,WA,AK,OR

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
7, 8 if I stretch it, 9 + Quebec if I REALLY reach.

NY,CT,MA,MD,NV,NH,PA. TX would be 8, ME 9.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Just 3 for me.
NJ, NY, and now TX.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Only two. But I have traveled in 49 (Alaska is on my list...)

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post

PA, IL, CA, SC, VA, and FL.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
One. And with the exception of when I was waiting on my house to be built, I have lived within a quarter mile of my current address all my life.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
4 States; Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania and Florida. I also went to college in Maine, 3 months in Charlottesville VA, and spent three years in Germany with the Army.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
won't count Missouri because I was super young

since my ability to 'remember' : 6

HI, GA, FL, NC, VA, OH

-----------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
NYC & suburbs, OH

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
CA, MS, KS, TX, OH, VA, MD, RI, ID, AZ

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Three - New Yorkistan, New Jermany and now finally, I live free in New Hampshire! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8922 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
A Few:
MT, WI, NJ, CA, WA, IL, Fl, ID, Mexico

So Far....

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
6 MO, KY, CA, OK, OH, FL

Posts: 23504 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NJ and PA. Night and Day! Got to 19 in NJ, left and never lived there again.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Lived in? Define that. I've worked in many states 4-5 days a week for months, sometimes years, at a time. Paying taxes in each one that demands it.

NY, TX, CO, ND, MN, IL, IN, VA, FL, NJ, OH, CA, WA, AZ, GA, TN, NE, KS, OK, PA, CT, MA, NC, SC.

Those are the ones I've worked and paid taxes in (if applicable). Albeit, most are hotels, but many are apartments.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
2 is all. Here in Wa. for the most part and Ca. curtesy of the US government while at Ft. Ord.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
CA, MS, KS, TX, OH, VA, MD, RI, ID, AZ

What about Fl?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
IL, CA, WA, FL, MD, TX, OH, GA, D.C., MI, and a whole crapload of foreign places

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post