SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    M&M’s - They’re now inclusive. (You literally cannot make it up anymore)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&M’s - They’re now inclusive. (You literally cannot make it up anymore) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
M&M characters redesigned for a "more dynamic, progressive world," Mars announces

M&M's iconic characters — six different colored "lentils," each with their own personality — have gotten a modern makeover for a "more dynamic, progressive world," Mars said Thursday. The redesign is focused on creating a sense of belonging and community, as well as spotlighting the character's "personalities, rather than their gender."

The most notable changes include the green M&M's redesign, which will exchange the white heeled go-go boots she was given in 1997 for "cool, laid-back sneakers to reflect her effortless confidence." Mars had received criticism for the green M&M's sexy characterization. The green M&M will also be "better represented to reflect confidence and empowerment, as a strong female, and known for much more than her boots."

The green M&M and the brown M&M will have a more friendly relationship, showcasing a "force supporting women." The two characters' dynamic will have them "together throwing shine and not shade," the company said. The two characters have sometimes been at odds in advertisements, but they have also been seen as friends — or more than friends in others, like this viral tweet from 2015 showing the two holding hands on a beach.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
O. K. I guess. I always like the one with the "Duh" voice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Stop it!
Stahp IT! Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wait for it - I'm sure we'll have gay and transgender M&M's soon. Why, I don't know. I wonder what a muslim inspired M&M will look like.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Good grief! They’re CANDY for cryin’ out loud.

I used to be in advertising testing. The worst waste of ad dollars we saw back then was advertising concepts or themes taking over a campaign at the expense of actually selling the product.

Think Budweiser frogs…. After the positive reaction to the first commercial, where the frogs simply croaked out the brand name, the frogs morphed into speaking frogs… then the campaign introduced chameleons who did a cross-talk comedy routine… instead of selling beer. This went on for years… and Budweiser sales flattened and declined.

Now we have anthropomorphic chocolate confections acting out social phenomena… instead of selling candy.

Where is the senior leadership of this company? They should be asking the marketing team “What business are we in? Selling candy or social enlightenment?”

If I were on the board I would add “Think before answering, your career at this company depends on what comes out of your mouth next.”

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1601 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not a huge fan of anthropomorphism when it comes to foods I literally pour from a bag into my mouth. “They don’t melt in your truck and all taste the same” would be more of a selling point for me.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I can only say this is one of the dumbest things I have heard in the last hour or so. I am quite surprised that they have not added all the rainbow LGBTWTFBBQ colors to make the Mars homo pack!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
They can do what they want making over "green's" character, but the well known fact remains that green M&Ms make you horny.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good thing I don't eat their garbage excuse for chocolate.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

M&M's just pulled sponsorship for NASCAR's Kyle Busch, saving a $gazillion (est'd). Good to know they're sinking those bucks into R&D. Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder what a muslim inspired M&M will look like.

They melt in your mouth, or explode in your hands...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Is their no end to the stupid fucking shit these morons can come up with?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The markings on them still apply - just rotate them 180 degrees and they become W's, for 'Woke'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Whew! One less thing to be offended by!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Is their no end to the stupid fucking shit these morons can come up with?
No . I'm convinced that there is not an end to it until the sun runs out of fuel .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Wait for it - I'm sure we'll have gay and transgender M&M's soon.

It’s covered already…

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, it’s about time! I haven’t had an M&M since 1997 when that green slut in go-go boots objectified women and I was deeply offended on behalf of my wife (even though we had barely just met), my future daughters and everyone who would go on to identify as a woman in the future.

Now if only “they” would do something about Almond Joy’s “nuts” and the obvious innuendo of “Mounds”…

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I prefer Skittles. Also a mars product but their marketing people are obviously on acid and not worried about woke/pc BS

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
Can an ad campaign kill a product?...
I don't know, why don't we asked Schiltz beer. They say (whoever the hell 'they' are?) that their (Shiltz's) 70's "Drink our beer, or I'll kill you (with a cougar, or something)" toasted their brand. Note: it was the 2nd best selling beer in the country at the time. 1st time I got drunk was from Schiltz, beer - but I digress

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Anybody else notice that when they do things for "inclusion" they actually are creating a more divided population?

Insanity is about all I can say. The continuation of the participation trophy.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post