SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Levi's President forced out over school closure mandates...refused $1m payout to keep quiet
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Levi's President forced out over school closure mandates...refused $1m payout to keep quiet Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Levi’s has been a liberal cesspool for decades

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
One, I like others, am sick of companies taking any political positions on anything. Sell your goods, deliver your services, but stay the hell out of politics. Individuals/employees however should be free to take whatever positions they opt to, so long as its legal and so long as it occurs 'outside' of work. This woman is simply being eaten by a system she helped to promote. Otto's comment is right on and deserves a repeat..."An employee who brings politics to work is an ignorant employee".

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

I think it's myopic of people not to support her on this one issue where she's on the same side as you. It's not as if you all suddenly had the correct view points soon as you reached the age of accountability.

She came to her senses on this one issue, shunning her because she's not right on all the issues isn't going to make her any more inclined to examine her other positions.

This is a VERY good point. It’s sort of falling into the trap of those on the left who relentlessly sought to destroy her for “wrong think” on one single issue.

I’ve seen people like her get attacked by the rabid woke ranks begin to open their eyes on more than one issue BECAUSE of the severity and level to which people went to destroy anyone who disagreed with even one issue the rabid woke hold sacred. Once that happens an unfathomable anger followed by baseless false accusations begin piling on. It’s basically an overwhelming barrage of bullshit accusations and actual hate fueled by the lightning speed of social media and the dopamine rush of destruction those platforms rely on.

She even mentions the hypocrisy of their political attacks on Trump and the open acceptance of views from the other side with no repercussion.

“ But the calls kept coming. From legal. From HR. From a board member. And finally, from my boss, the CEO of the company. I explained why I felt so strongly about the issue, citing data on the safety of schools and the harms caused by virtual learning. While they didn’t try to muzzle me outright, I was told repeatedly to “think about what I was saying.”

Meantime, colleagues posted nonstop about the need to oust Trump in the November election. I also shared my support for Elizabeth Warren in the Democratic primary and my great sadness about the racially instigated murders of Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd. No one at the company objected to any of that. “

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
They always eat their own

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
“ But the calls kept coming. From legal. From HR. From a board member. And finally, from my boss, the CEO of the company. I explained why I felt so strongly about the issue, citing data on the safety of schools and the harms caused by virtual learning. While they didn’t try to muzzle me outright, I was told repeatedly to “think about what I was saying.”

Meantime, colleagues posted nonstop about the need to oust Trump in the November election. I also shared my support for Elizabeth Warren in the Democratic primary and my great sadness about the racially instigated murders of Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd. No one at the company objected to any of that. “

Hard to have empathy for her when she ignored the problem until it became her problem.

This was going on while she was in leadership at Levis, silencing and shaming others, how many others at Levis lost jobs, had to quit over improper thinking or political views.

The fact is it didn't matter until it affected her personal wishes.

Posts: 23468 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I think it's myopic of people not to support her on this one issue where she's on the same side as you. It's not as if you all suddenly had the correct view points soon as you reached the age of accountability.

She came to her senses on this one issue, shunning her because she's not right on all the issues isn't going to make her any more inclined to examine her other positions.

+1
Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Levi's got incredibly and insufferably woke in the past few years.

I subscribed to their emails to get some discounts and found myself unsubscribing in disgust about 2 weeks later after being bombarded with several emails a day featuring all sorts of pictures of effeminate dudes wearing nail polish and pink jeans, lots of same sex ads, all sorts of ultra woke bullshit. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33822 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It’s a left coast fashion company; why would you expect anything else? I’m sure the lady didn’t speak up during BLM biting everything down.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Levi's got incredibly and insufferably woke in the past few years.

Levis HQ is San Francisco, basically they are a product of the environment as their employees are bay area wokies...

Posts: 23468 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Hard to have empathy for her when she ignored the problem until it became her problem.

This was going on while she was in leadership at Levis, silencing and shaming others, how many others at Levis lost jobs, had to quit over improper thinking or political views.

The fact is it didn't matter until it affected her personal wishes.

I don’t think it’s hard to have empathy for her. She could have just shut up and realized what was at stake. She chose to die on that hill. I don’t agree with her on much other than opening up schools but it’s not hard for me to have empathy for someone who is at least willing to keep speaking out on THAT issue even when it could cost her career.

People like her and the experience she endured by daring to disagree with the woke mob will likely play an important role in dismantling not only cancel culture but also the cancer that is woke corporations spewing political shit. She is at least honest enough to point out and discuss the hypocrisy that she and her colleagues engaged in with regards to Trump.

The full fury of the woke mob and the extent they will go to destroy lives is something that needs to be addressed and stopped sooner rather than later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
She embraced, encouraged, participated in for several years the Levis corporate cancel culture and progressive idealism, and she stood proud with many of the initiatives as an executive.

If she was still a masker she'd be right there in the thick of it and embracing the cancel culture still.

posted Hide Post
Businesses still have the right to decide who works for them and who doesn't as long as they comply with federal law with regard to Title 7. CA surprisingly is an at-will employment state, so employers can relieve you of your job for any reason or no reason, provided they do not violate Title 7, or terminate for cause when cause is not reasonably established.

Let's say I have a business, and I support and promote the right of my employees to carry a concealed handgun for their protection while on the job. Most do with no issues. Let's say I have one employee that is fervently anti-gun, actively supports organizations that want to ban guns, and speaks out in public against guns.

That guy is not going to work for me for very long, period. That is my right to decide. Do you want to be forced to employ a person like this because you have to tolerate "political differences"?

Thus we cannot say Levi's acted unjustly in holding her accountable to toe the company line. She spoke out anyway and said I don't care what Levi's does to me, so good for her. She took a stand in life and accepted the consequences. She can get another job at a company that reflects her newly found values. Or she can start her own company.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Puzzling, why they call themselves as liberal.

I asked that of my childhood best friends some years ago, our lives haven taken different paths, him a lifelong member of academia, becoming a university professor (and the sociopolitical slant that come with it).

His response was "To me it means freedom". I countered like you said, "What make you feel it means that when they're the ones who want to stop you from doing everything and being anything but free!

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Thus we cannot say Levi's acted unjustly in holding her accountable to toe the company line. She spoke out anyway and said I don't care what Levi's does to me, so good for her. She took a stand in life and accepted the consequences. She can get another job at a company that reflects her newly found values. Or she can start her own company.

I think the crux is, at what point do companies stop taking-up sides on political/social issues when their product/service has zero connection to the issues and they're constantly 'policing' and 'dismissing' employees because they hold opinions counter to the 'company culture'?

It'd be one thing if you're a firearms company and one of your managers is not just anti-2A but, supports legislation that supports limits and controls.

Levi's is an apparel brand, they actively cultivate a culture where putting down and denigrating particular political or, social points of views is encouraged. I think there's some corporate ethic issues here which we'll likely see with more frequency as the stupidity continues.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will stop taking sides when it hurts their bottom line. That's why many corporations have tried to remain neutral in years past.

The banning of nudity and the 7 bad words on many basic cable TV stations is due to advertisers not wanting people to be offended and take it out on the advertiser. There is no FCC regulation about content. Subscription channels with no commercials (HBO, etc.) show uncensored content.

If political activism improves the bottom line by appealing more to those that agree with them, then those they lose from the other side, you will see more. Gun manufacturers that support our rights are more favored by many gun owners, and there aren't enough anti's buying guns to make a difference.

If you believe some of the assertions in the conservative media, "woke" investment funds like Blackrock are compelling companies to take political sides under threats of dumping their stock.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
She had her Road to Damascus moment. Waiting for the scales to fall from her eyes.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So will they be even more anti-gun now? Hard to conceive of that. Shrugs, I still won't buy their products. Levis, Dockers, Beyond Yoga and anything else.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post