SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need suggestions about wallet manufacturers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need suggestions about wallet manufacturers Login/Join 
posted
Four years ago I purchased a wallet from L.L. Bean but it has not really stood up to the test of time and I need to find a replacement. Unfortunately, I am having some trouble pinning down a quality and durable brand. Every time I look at reviews or 'top ten' lists they seem to focus more on fashion rather then durability which I care very little about. Ideally, I would like a wallet made of leather with two ID panels for both my DL and carry permit. However, I am also running into a wall here because many wallets with two ID panels have them in a separate holder that tucks into the wallet and I would rather avoid this.

I would appreciate any recommends on a durable brand?

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Coach. The one in my pocket is over 20 years old and still going strong, if showing a little wear and tear around the edges. It does not have the ID panels you are talking about, but I'm sure there are models that do.

Posts: 6516 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check my email when I get back to a computer.

Mine is a bifold from a member here. No ID panels, but 3 slots per side. Very happy with it.

Edit: sureshot45

Here's the karma from last year where I won mine, for a look at the style.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2090057934/p/1

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Saddlebackleather.com

I use one of their large bi-fold wallets. I’ve had it a few years now and still in excellent shape.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
My daughter gave me a "Big Skinny" a few years ago - two ID panels for just the same reason as you need.

It is holding up quite well. https://www.bigskinny.net/leather-hybrid-l-shape.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked this one up over 4 years ago in New York.
https://www.curatedbasics.com/...et-money-clip-wallet
It's held up perfectly also for reference I work with sand and my pockets generally end up with sand in them almost everyday. So I'd consider my usage on the high end of wear and tear scale. And it's barely showing any wear on the corner of the outer edges, all the stitches are perfect.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I tried a Saddleback, and it worked great in jeans. It was just a little big for Dockers. I could get it in my pocket, but getting it out was difficult.

Tried All-ett, and went through a couple of them. They were very thin, and I liked that, but they really didn’t hold things securely. If you didn’t pay attention, things would fall out.

Now I have a Blue Force Gear wallet. It’s not quite as thin as the All-ett, but still very comfortable. I’ve had it for about 6 years now, and it still looks new.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/bfg-wallet.html

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have a Tumi for 15 years,can't kill it,been thru a washing machine, hot humid weather and it's still hanging in there. Its the one with a clear id window double billfold.https://www.tumi.com/c/accessories/wallets-cardcases/#esp_pg=1

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Yoder leather company...they are on Amazon.

Posts: 1977 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Bosca

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I use the Slim Business Card Holder from Saddleback leather. I carry this in my front pocket.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
Bison bifold wallet. It’s the one I’ve had going on 6 years.

Top-notch quality.

Duluth Pack Store. NOT Duluth Trading Company.

Posts: 2944 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Met this husband and wife last year and got one of their wallets for my father in law- mainly because they are super nice and seem like good people...

He is loving it. When the money tree grows again, I will get one.... I also carry a slim 2 panel ID card holder that I got from coach. So the wallet/money clip goes in the front now so I am not sitting on anything too thick.

https://wobowallet.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2114 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another vote for Coach. I have had mine for well over 20 years its a little worn but still looks good and functions well, relatively thin, holds everything I need although I deliberately don't stuff it with stuff. Only one window on my model.

Posts: 552 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I like my Saddleback wallet as well and would definitely buy one again.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I suggest you take a look at wallets with RFID shielding. This prevents scanners from picking up any credit card information while your cards are in your wallet.

One of these manufacturers is: Access Denied

Here is their link for internet purchase:
>>> https://www.accessdeniedwallet...allets-rfid-blocking

I have a leather wallet made by them and it has held up well - quality seems good to me.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filson. Made in America, unlike China, as some other brands.

https://www.filson.com/bridle-...070399-fco-000002314

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5174 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Bosca

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Coach. The one in my pocket is over 20 years old and still going strong, if showing a little wear and tear around the edges. It does not have the ID panels you are talking about, but I'm sure there are models that do.

Coach in Bison leather is tough to beat.

Posts: 1974 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Sadddleback Front Pocket Leather ID wallet.
I switched to this wallet several years ago. It took a little time to get used to a front pocket wallet. The 100 year warranty is nice. I have not needed the warranty. Mine is holding up great, and it now has that smooth, worn leather look.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post