SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need suggestions about wallet manufacturers
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need suggestions about wallet manufacturers Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am a front pocket wallet guy. Saddleback to be precise. No cash, just cards and ID. Wallet and a Swiss Army Tinker knife in the front left, cash or a 380 in the front right (when the 380 goes in the right the cash goes in the left).

Funny Saddleback now calls it a business card holder but when I bought it 6 years ago it was a wallet lol.

https://saddlebackleather.com/...s-card-holder-sleeve

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If leather, Saddleback. But my EDC is a Spec-Ops Brand. It is 10 years old and still going strong. Two sizes. And it has two ID windows. USA made and lifetime warranty.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me a Johnston and Murphy’s probably 15 years ago and it’s still in great shape despite being made of super soft and supple leather. I don’t like tri-folds because they end up being too thick. Plenty to choose from.

https://www.johnstonmurphy.com/mens-wallets?sz=24

Posts: 3933 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Had this one for a few years and really like it. I wanted an ID window but ended up with this wallet and don't notice I no longer have an ID window.

https://bellroy.com/products/h...rfid_lo/java#image-2

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Hanks belts leather wallet. Made in America. I love mine. Very durable.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy from this place. Your wallet will last ten years.

http://leathergoodsconnection.com/

Posts: 6631 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
sureshot45

Yes!

God bless America.

Posts: 13527 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Coach. The one in my pocket is over 20 years old and still going strong, if showing a little wear and tear around the edges. It does not have the ID panels you are talking about, but I'm sure there are models that do.

Coach in Bison leather is tough to beat.

+2 on Coach.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Saddleback leather. There is a good reason I am like the 4th or 5th to recommend one. Mine is a few years old and still in amazing shape.

I also have a briefcase and portfolio from Saddleback. Their stuff is excellent!

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can’t find what you want and are interested in a custom order feel free to email me. I’m at 10-12 weeks on bags but I can work a wallet in at 3-4 weeks.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
flowfold.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Coach. The one in my pocket is over 20 years old and still going strong, if showing a little wear and tear around the edges. It does not have the ID panels you are talking about, but I'm sure there are models that do.

Coach in Bison leather is tough to beat.

I don’t think Coach makes a Bison wallet. I know mine is water buffalo and over 10 years old and a great wallet.
They have ID panel wallets available but not sure in the water buffalo but calf leather.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25453 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I have to vote Coach as well.

The one I am using is at least 5 years old and is in 99% condition.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Last year I went minimalist to a much smaller wallet. This one has two ID windows, one external the other inside. https://www.osgoodemarley.com/...ouble-id-card-case-1

I don't carry bills in it, I prefer a money clip and landed on this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am pleased with both.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 721 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I've had a Duluth Trading Fire Hose wallet for nearly 6 years. It's damn tough and comfortable to boot. No link but even a child can Google Duluth Trading. Razz

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8540 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Saddleback all day long! I cannot wear it out!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m sure I’ll catch hell for it, but Louis Vuitton. My wife bought me one when we first got together in 2004. I used it everyday and it still looks as good as new.
She bought me one of their Leather ones about five years ago. It is a great wallet, but doesn’t fit my front pocket as well as the original one she bought me. So back to the original I went.

I’ve got well over ten years in this wallet. It’s a coated canvas and leather, and thus far is pretty indestructible.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
What pants you wear makes a difference. For me, I wear 5.11 Taclite shorts and pants 95% of the time, my wallet is a Saddleback Front Pocket. It's held up great, I don't take it out when hiking and never know it's there.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3408 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ve abandoned regular wallets and carry cards and ID’s in a MagPul wallet like this:

Link

Posts: 18095 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I’ve gone the opposite direction and usually spend like $10 to get one at Marshall’s or tj maxx. Lasts a couple years at least, if not more. I usually get a Ben Sherman branded one. It may be more cost effective in the long run to spend 10x more for quality but my tastes change and I like being able to get something slightly different when I want to do so.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Sauer Kraut,

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post