SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Prime delays?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime delays? Login/Join 
posted
I have noticed that my Prime orders are taking longer to get to me. I understand during Covid, nothing was working right. However, it's been a year out and gas prices have backed away from $5 a gallon. Anyone working inside that can give a clue??

Posts: 693 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just as a point of reference, my deliveries are generally 1-3 days from date of order with some exceptions that were pre-indicated as 1 week. A few late deliveries over the past year but no trend.

Almost all deliveries by prime, not other third party shipping.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12750 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
There have been some delays over the last couple years, but in the last 6 months or so they seem to be back on track. At least in my experience.

One thing I’ve noticed is that they offer multiple delivery options now though and tend to try and push delivery over 2 days and offer digital credits as compensation, or offer to deliver in fewer packages if you accept a slower delivery. Occasionally I accept the slower delivery options because I like digital credits to apply to movie rentals, and when I travel a lot of hotels charge a fee per package. I took a later delivery last week and got several digital credits and only paid one fee from the hotel so it was a win-win for me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last 2 orders were both shown as over the 2 day window for normal prime when I ordered. Now, in fairness, one was only 3 days. Bit I figure if they are gonna charge a premium for a service, they should fulfill the requirements of that service or adjust terms and price of service to something they can fulfill.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2747 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Been about the same, if not faster.
I like to time my deliveries to arrive on my day off, so it's not sitting outside all day, and sometimes they come a day earlier than estimated.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I am getting a lot of one and two day deliveries, most (but not all) "sold by Amazon, ships from Amazon". Items sold by a third party quite often are one day, because they have agreed to stock them in Amazon's warehouse. I just got a one day on a Vessel screwdriver that was "sold by Akiba Japan", but "shipped from Amazon."

The ones that seem to take the longest, and are often delayed, are items sold and shipped by Walmart/Costco/Sam's Club shoppers, and their price is marked up considerably over what you would pay in the store. But they are listed as "free delivery", not Prime.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10790 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I've gotten ANYTHING in the 2-day Prime window. Sold and shipped by Amazon, it takes at least two days until I get the notice that it actually shipped. Most orders (yes, sold and shipped by Prime) are 5+ days. Very frustrating. And I'm not in BFE either, I'm between Augusta GA and Aiken SC.

Oddly enough, orders to my "home on a foundation" in Carlsbad NM get there in two days.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Our experience was similar to IntrepidTraveler's, though not quite as bad. When we still had Prime it had gotten to the point where three days was typical, sometimes more, rarely less.

One of the many reasons we cancelled Prime.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
No problems here but then again I live about 3 miles from those massive Amazon warehouses.

Posts: 5310 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
No issues here. Depending on the item(s) and if it's fulfilled by AMZN directly, I can possibly get it overnight w/ Prime.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Since there are lots of fulfillment centers in the Phoenix/Tucson markets, we get overnight on about 85% of our orders, 2 day on 10% and longer on 5%. No complaints from me.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4238 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Orders to me in Utah never arrive in two days, more like 5. I drop ship to IL and they get next day most of the time. Over the years I just learned to be patient and stuff will get here.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3405 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Also very near the huge Fort Worth distribution center and Prime orders, for the most part, are delivered as promised. I rarely order things that are not Prime rated unless there's no option and it's the non Prime items where I see inconsistent delivery times. I have however seen deliveries arriving later in the day. Like 7 pm.

It still amazes me how they do that given the many thousands of deliveries they make each day. When the Amazon truck is on my block, they will many times make 4-5 or so deliveries that I can see out of my window, and maybe more I can't see. I guess me and my neighbors order a lot.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
When we still had Prime it had gotten to the point where three days was typical, sometimes more, rarely less.

One of the many reasons we cancelled Prime.

So you cancelled Prime because some deliveries took three days? Eek

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many times I order something at 6am and it's at my door at 2pm, same day.
I see those little gray vans leave the distribution center in the morning
20 or 30 at a time.

Posts: 965 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky to get things in a week these days. So much for two day delivery. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They don't care about on time deliveries anymore. You used to get a month of prime when packages were delayed, now all you get is do you want to the cancel the order for the thing you needed.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember we had another thread like this a few years ago. I have moved since then, but my experience hasn’t changed.

We order hundreds of things a year through Prime and get all but a small handful within whatever the original estimated delivery timeframe was (the majority being same or next day).

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Seeing a little of both but in general, having many things take longer. Also seen lots more “broken promises“ on when things are supposed to arrive. “ order in the next 6 hour…” and it will arrive tomorrow, or the next day. Which ends up being the only reason I choose that item. Often with auto parts or similar stuff, and then it ends up coming four days later instead. That’s really frustrating, I could’ve gotten what I really wanted but didn’t have the time to wait for.

I ordered something Friday night ONLY because it was supposed to get here yesterday. It too fell into the “delayed” limbo. It just now updated to supposedly arriving this afternoon, which if it doesn’t it will no longer be needed.

Also having a few things like that just vanish? Says they’re shipped, says they’re arriving such and such day, then says they’re delayed, then says they’re canceled. So basically all the other updates were bullshit?

Conversely, last night I almost ordered a stainless steel elbow for some exhaust work, and it said it would arrive today. Then offered me for an additional $2.99, that it would arrive in the morning. I didn’t buy it, so there’s no telling if they would’ve made good on it. I ordered the exact same item a week ago and it took three days to get here.

Posts: 21118 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been hit or miss especially since they're using their own drivers. I get most of stuff delivered to my office and about half my orders take an extra day or two because the Amazon delivery folks can't read floor numbers on the label. Not super difficult and the elevators even announce the floor when the doors open but I get notices that the package was delivered yet it's nowhere to be found or that the location was somehow unavailable for delivery in the middle of the day even though reception is staffed by multiple people.

Amazon doesn't care though. They're happy to replace items. Our choice is to deal with it or leave and most of us not only won't leave but continue paying increased yearly membership fees for service that gets worse.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post