SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Prime delays?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime delays? Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen two day delivery in years. It seems to be getting worse. Right now everything is over a week out but thats probably the holidays. Really don't know if its worth what Prime charges.

Posts: 5698 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Seeing a little of both but in general, having many things take longer. Also seen lots more “broken promises“ on when things are supposed to arrive. “ order in the next 6 hour…” and it will arrive tomorrow, or the next day. Which ends up being the only reason I choose that item. Often with auto parts or similar stuff, and then it ends up coming four days later instead. That’s really frustrating, I could’ve gotten what I really wanted but didn’t have the time to wait for.

This absolutely.

Waiting on a Torx Plus 55 socket that I have been unable to locate locally as I type this.

Should have been here Friday, might be here Tuesday and I can't remove or replace my flywheel without one, meaning my clutch job and rear main seal replacement are potentially going to be delayed. Good thing I ordered two, and one got here today (late).

After they were already not going to make it on time, CS gave me a credit on my account, but the website still showed I could get them next day if I ordered within 5-6 hours and could not explain it.....

Posts: 928 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
When we still had Prime it had gotten to the point where three days was typical, sometimes more, rarely less.

One of the many reasons we cancelled Prime.
So you cancelled Prime because some deliveries took three days? Eek
Again: One of the many reasons. And, again: It wasn't "some," but most.

I still have an Amazon account and still buy things there, but they're now closer to a vendor of last resort then they are near first.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Prime has not offered or guaranteed 2-day shipping for years now.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Prime has not offered or guaranteed 2-day shipping for years now.

They offer it but give no guarantees.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
What gets me is, once it actually ships, it gets to me in a reasonable time. It just takes 3-4 days to get to the point of it actually shipping.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
What gets me is, once it actually ships, it gets to me in a reasonable time. It just takes 3-4 days to get to the point of it actually shipping.

I was just going to say the same. It'll take a few days to ship, but then ships in 2 days. I've called and complained, but they claim it's "processing delays out of their control".

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3356 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
With Prime? I can't say as I recall ever waiting 3-4 days for it to actually ship when we had Prime. IIRC, usually it'd be NLT the next day.

They obviously do play games with non-Prime shipping. Every time I order, these days, it's the same thing: I order. It sits there for several days. Ships. Arrives two days later.

One time recently I opted for paid shipping. It arrived no more quickly than if I'd opted for free.

Walmart actually ships free faster. They, Target, Best Buy, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. are price-competitive, or will price-match, and have local stores. There are a couple supplements I used to buy from Amazon. I cruise on down to the local Vitamin Shoppe for them now.

Heck, eBay is often faster than Amazon, and actually has better buyer protection, compared to Amazon third-party sales.

Pretty much all we use Amazon for these days are things we can't get locally, and I use it to buy Kindle books and digital music.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Fast as ever here. Same day, next day or 2 days.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Fast as ever here. Same day, next day or 2 days.

Same here.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Just ordered something today. "Prime delivery", from an Amazon warehouse...delivery December 1st. 8 days. That's about normal for me anymore and not just the typical holiday slow down.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I just got something I ordered from Amazon this morning around 8AM. Got it at 1:30PM.

That's fast.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I live near multiple fulfillment centers and they struggle to meet the two day window. I've been in a few of them for work, pretty interesting places. No one looks happy though, especially during COVID.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post