SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good for you Para!

Sounds like things are heading in the right direction for you.

My advice for what it is worth...Don't get complacent! Continue to prioritize your cardiac health!

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update from page 19:

Bonnie had a sonogram at the cardiologists office,last Friday.

They called her Saturday with great news.

The heart muscle that was not working almost at all,
Well it's back up to full function.
Woo hoo!

She no longer has to wear the de-fib vest and monitor.

Her 80 y.o. heart is doing all that can be expected.

Her breathing problems are gone and heart flutters are very spread out and last seconds ,
Instead of minutes.

Her attitude is better as is her energy level .

Thanks for your fond thoughts ,prayers support.
-bendable

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I had a cardiac event in July 2019. I am actually happy for you. It is like a new lease on life when you come through feeling better than how you where before. I'm sure you will make the best of a blessing in disguise.

Here's to you health and longevity.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4790 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Para, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I can actually relate to at least some of what you're going through. I've got some arrythmia issues that went undiagnosed until I went to the ER three years ago with a bad episode of afib. My heart rate was up around 200 and I was having chest pains, shortness of breath, weakness, the whole nine yards. I thought I was having a heart attack. They cardioverted me and sent me home.

Shortly after that, I saw a cardiologist and he put me on some meds that helped a lot until they didn't. I had another ambulance ride a month ago after walking in to the urgent care clinic. New drugs that seem to help more, but I still break through into afib pretty strongly. The last episode was a solid three days of chest pain and shortness of breath. I saw an "electrician" who talked to me about an ablation procedure and I'm weighing pros and cons. It's minimally invasive, but it's still heart surgery and honestly, I'm finding it pretty scary. When the drugs work, it's amazing and I can't help but think "so this is what it feels like to be normal. I had no idea what I didn't know." When they don't, well....

Bendable, I'm glad Bonnie is doing so much better! From what you describe, I definitely know how she feels.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Para, very happy to hear you’re doing better. We all need you to stick around awhile; we’d all be lost without your leadership and oversight. Here’s to your health!!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post