SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dear Diary....
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Diary.... Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
para, thank you for sharing this. I am glad that you are okay! I don't know your faith, but I do know that God isn't finished with you yet.

Also, you are a wonderful writer! I don't know if you have ever published anything, but you have a definite talent.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
Para, a while back I was going to share my experience, but hadn't gotten around to it. If I had, I may have saved you from waiting so long. My palms got sweaty reading your intro--it was like re-living my experience.

Glad you're feeling better, listen to the docs AND YOUR OWN BODY! It can get better.

(I lucked out--my "wake up" came in one of my client's offices--she's a physician who immediately put me on oxygen and into an ambulance. This was after three episodes in the previous week telling me I should do something.)

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thank God for friends and friends that are Doctors. The term life saver doesn't do them justice.

At 61 my GP detected something wrong during my annual physical. He sent me that day to a cardiologist with the bedside manner of Archie Bunker. I had a completely blown out mitral valve and he soothed me with phrases/options like: "heart transplant" and "casket". I freaked out.
11 years later the ticker is 100% and that heart doc is one of my favorite people on earth.

Wishing you continued good health and a great life. Bill

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sorry that this hit, but very glad you got great advice and followed it and got taken care of.

Sounds like you're feeling better, and hope that trend continues.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Doc straightened you out and you're still kickin'. Good reminder to us all to not ignore what our bodies tell us.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
For the past several weeks I've had a nagging sense of dread relative to your health, Parabellum. Over the years I've gathered you are a deliberately private individual so details of your real world life are scarce.. but you made a sliver of information known that things were not right with your health. Given your private nature, it alarmed me. We have seen many dear members slip the bonds of life to our grief. I want you to know, you personally, that I admire what I know of your character and am everlastingly grateful for your sacrifices on our behalf here. I am relieved to know these details and that corrective action has been taken.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
sjtill, good job on talking Para through this and helping him make the right decision.

I'm about the same age, and about a year ago, my wife talked me in to going for a physical. It was the first one I had had in roughly 25 years. The Dr. took my blood pressure and gave me two choices, call someone to take me to the ER or she would call an ambulance. My BP was 210 over 140. When I got to the ER, they were surprised I was not having a stroke. A little time in the ER the BP was medicated down, after I was released and put under the care of a cardiologist, now on BP meds, doing well.

I will say, this scared the hell out of me and was a wake up call.

We are a stubborn bunch at times, but not superhuman. Take Para's incident and to a lessor extent mine, to realize that you do need to get checked out from time to time and take care of yourself.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
damn man, just read this. I'm praying for you Para. Get well soon sir. Looking forward to having you back on your feet!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Jesh Para. I am glad you finally listened and got the fix you needed!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
So glad that you got this fixed, Para. And thanks to stjill for the intervention. I think stubbornness is the number one killer of guys. Problem is, the older we get, the more stubborn we get.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you listened.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I was gone for a week and just saw the couple of threads. Prayers for healing, your wife and for those in support. Glad things are on the mend Para.

Thanks for all you do and have done.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, life has so many unexpected surprises. Good luck on a full recovery.

I hear you on our present state of insurance and medical system and costs. It is so wacky and lopsided. Great in some ways, but weak in others. If you ever want advice from the alternative health care perspective, I will assist you in any way possible.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'm glad all went well for you. I had basically the very same procedure in Sept 08. The meds I was prescribed didn't agree as well with me so in contacting Stan he made a few recommendations that have worked out very well in the last two years. I wish you well in your recovery and many good years ahead.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I missed this but I am so glad you took the advice. I went through a widow maker with my stepdad, and if my mom hadn't called the ambulance, he would have died there. You will have to make lifestyle changes but he is doing fantastic two years later. I'm praying for a quick recovery and healing!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Para I'm glad your ok. Keep on the mend and let us know what we can do to help. yes even if that means handling the grass for a few weeks, I am sure there are many here that will happily step up to help out.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
So glad you’re okay!

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a story—-and thank God for sjtill’s advice and a happy ending.

Let this be a warning to us all to listen to what our bodies are telling us.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thank you for opening up, Para, bless you. A reminder that if we can't all be bullet proof, we need to do our best to be so right now.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Holy shit man!

Fitting an upstanding member of this forum which you created and groomed would be the one to save your life. Seems to me, the forum saved your life. Maybe a long overdue but also right on time thank you from the one in charge of karma.

Twice in the last week I watched stories of people drowned who were brought back and both say the same thing, as most all who experience death do, and just as you said. Our time here is fragile and short and can be taken at any moment. Do the things that make you happy, bring joy, and have real meaning. And don't hold back on loving. They also found extreme comfort in the experience, and no longer fear death. It made a huge difference for me in the last week. And now I'm reading this and it's hammering that nail home. I'm trying hard to enjoy my days now and do things that make me happy.

Great news you're feeling good now.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6969 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post