SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does anyone have any deer antlers they don't need?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have any deer antlers they don't need? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm in need of a spike or two of a deer antler for pressure flaking stone tools (a new hobby/something I'm doing with my anthropology students). I don't need a whole rack or anything, just a few points long enough to hold onto.

Do any of our Forum hunters have some antler lying around that they'd be willing to part with for a small price?

Thanks!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OAM, if no one here has any to share, try Moscow Hide and Fur. https://www.hideandfur.com/inventory/Antlers.html
they sell tips and pieces of antlers of all kinds.
If you have luck learning to knap, please show us :>Wink

Posts: 520 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
If you can't find one here, just about every chain pet store has them for sale as dog chews.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
I think I do. I'll look in the shed in the morning.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could try the local game warden. They may have some from road kills.

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some that are about 3, maybe 4 inches long. If that would work they are yours.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I have some that are about 3, maybe 4 inches long. If that would work they are yours.

That would be perfect.

I'll send you an email.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post