SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roomba - Range Report on Pg2, 2023 vac pg 3
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roomba - Range Report on Pg2, 2023 vac pg 3 Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
we have one of the new ones at the shop, I cant stand the thing. it CONSTANTLY gets stuck on chair legs, carpets, doesnt go "home" to recharge. I think it's totally pointless.

We do have to flip the chairs onto the table at night, or it gets stuck in the maze of chair legs.
Otherwise, I think it's only gotten 'lost' on its way home twice so far.

Still doing a good job & floors are clean every morning.

Have to do a quick floor check before heading to bed at night for small toys from the kids, but otherwise we're still happy with it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15397 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Just got the wife EcoVacs Deebot N79. It was highest rated robot vac on the sweethome review site.

We've only had it a couple of days. Early reports are: great cleaning, but gets "lost" finding its way back to the charging base and ends up running out of juice. If it just needs to "learn" how to get home, OK. If not, that is going to be a deal killer.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6427 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Roomba's Next Big Step Is Selling Maps of Your Home to the Highest Bidder

Now just add a self-bugging device (e.g.: Alexa) and you're all set.

Eek

Welcome to the IO(s)T - the Internet Of (snoopy) Things!

Posts: 15039 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
We bought a Eufy. His name is Steve. Steve does good work.

Y'all move far?

Posts: 11366 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Look into the NEATO Botvac. We have two, they are great.

https://www.neatorobotics.com/

+100

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago someone gave my FIL one for a gift and he never opened it. When he passed I grabbed it out of a trash pile...battery was junk but 25.00 on amazon and I am pretty happy. I have almost all tile and 4 dogs.

The only issue I came close to having is when my wife left back door open and it was running, the damn thing came very close to being in the pool

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

The only issue I came close to having is when my wife left back door open and it was running, the damn thing came very close to being in the pool

My brother in law found his at bottom of his pool. Best guess was a pool tube was up to the side of the pool.

Posts: 923 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ours is named Rita.

Someone said above (a couple of years ago) that fringe on rugs is a problem - and it is! Our would get stuck all the time.

As for the mapping of the house - i'm not sure what good that does. Regardless, our dogs would mess with that anyway - i've seen Rita run right into the dumb mutts and they don't even budge. Kind of funny really.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Do these set off burglary motion sensor alarms or baseboard mounted glass break detectors?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

Y'all move far?

Not sure if the moving comment was directed my way, we moved 2 miles from one side of 99 on Rayford to the other.

Posts: 15397 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Do these set off burglary motion sensor alarms or baseboard mounted glass break detectors?

We dont usually set our alarm, but our has a night mode that activates the door sensors & not the motion. We dont have glass break.

Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I thought about getting one until a coworker who has one and also has a nanny cam to check on her dogs during the day showed me a video of the vacuum working.

The thing was interesting to watch, especially after it hit a pile of dog shit on the floor. I’m glad I’m mot the one who had to clean that mess and decided as long as we have dogs I’ll not have one of them in the house. Wink

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6494 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

Y'all move far?

Not sure if the moving comment was directed my way, we moved 2 miles from one side of 99 on Rayford to the other.

Yep. Was curious as we used to live in Spring Trails. I seem to recall you saying you lived in the area.

Posts: 11366 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Y'all move far?

Yep. Was curious as we used to live in Spring Trails. I seem to recall you saying you lived in the area.

We moved from Legends Run to Harmony.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congrats on the new home! Smile

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Congrats on the new home! Smile

Coming up on 2 years, aside from a few appliance issues, still happy.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
My Roomba is going on two years old. It cleans the carpet well and does a great job on the tile. I will always have two things in my home. A german shepherd dog and my Roomba.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Updating my original thread. The OP Neato [Wall-E] died from Lidar failure. Got about 5 years out of it without having to replace anything but the filter.
Replaced it with my in-law's Neato [Wall-E 2], since they weren't using it.

Our new (10 months now) is all tile. The Neato was doing a good job, but think something internally was wrapped around or in the belt for the brush, as it was loud when running.

We just replaced Wall-E 2 with a Roborock S7, which is a vac/mop combo.
The live mapping is neat, and it so far does a better job of navigating than the 4-5yr old Neato. First run on 'normal' mode & it did a good job. Re-running on 'high' and its still quieter than either of the Neato vacs.
Smaller dust bin than the Neato, but has the auto-empty bin. Figure if we run it more consistently, it won't be an issue.

posted Hide Post
We have one. It gets stuck under the couch. Under the loveseat. Under the treadmill under the shelves behind the couch. It stops at the edge of a cliff which happens to be a rug!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post