SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Domain and Email Addresses - Who to use and what to do
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Domain and Email Addresses - Who to use and what to do Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I just registered a domain for a new business. I used whois.com for the registration.

I'd like to host three to 5 email addresses at that domain, but don't know where to start.

First, how do I go about setting up email addresses through a domain?

Second, can someone recommend an online service or mail app to use on windows desktops and both android and apple phones for mobile use of the email addresses?

Thanks. I am not IT illiterate, but I haven't messed with this kind of stuff in years.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12815 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Google suite is probably the easiest to use.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
You can actually setup your email right through your web hosting service.

https://shop.whois.com/business-email

After that, you can opt to setup forwarding rules if you like to forward email received on any new email accounts you set up to an existing email account you're currently using (i.e. gmail, etc).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Thanks all.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12815 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Technically you need to:
1 Register a Domain with Registrar (done)
2 Need DNS service to instruct anyone who needs to find your (domain) services such as a web site or email
3 A host for your services (email server, web server etc).

There are hosts which will provide all three or you can find services a la carte.

Example:
Registrar: Network Solutions
DNS Host: Zoneedit
Email: Microsoft O365

Note: Many of these provider will or can provide all of these together but these are technically different functions.
The reason you may want to know is if you need to break out one or the other that suits your needs better.
For example: if your email host has too little space or mail restrictions you may want to change to another provider.
YMMV

Posts: 23001 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I suggest protonmail - very easy way to ensure all emails are encrypted.

We mainly use Slack for internal communication

Posts: 5774 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Slack's a thought too. Good call on that. I have used it, I just don't think of it.