SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Danky is back in the news........not in a good way.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danky is back in the news........not in a good way. Login/Join 
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I'd bet this guy hi-tails it out of the US as soon as he can, and never looks back.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
I'd bet this guy hi-tails it out of the US as soon as he can, and never looks back.

He tried that.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07...to-flee-the-country/

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With that amount of money available to him, he could easily flee. Someone could buy a sailboat, take off, and in 3-4 weeks be in the Mediterranean. I will be shocked if he does not scoot before his day in court.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arrested DNC Staffer Awan Retains Long-Time Clinton Associate For Legal Help

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...nfidant-legal-advice

After getting arrested Monday night at Dulles Airport in Northern Virginia while attempting to flee the country on a flight to Qatar, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz' IT staffer, according to Conservative Review, has decided to hire a lawyer with longstanding connections to the Clinton family for legal help.

Chris Gowen, a founding partner at Gowen, Rhoades, Winograd and Silva, apparently did a little bit of everything for the Clintons over the course of multiple years including working in the Clinton White House, helping President Bill Clinton write his book, "My Life", and serving on Hillary's 2008 presidential campaign. Per Gowen's bio:

Mr. Gowen left the Public Defender’s office to work for former President William Jefferson Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton. Chris was a fact checker for President Clinton’s memoir, My Life. He also served as a traveling aid for President Clinton’s national and international trips. Chris finished his tenure with the Clintons by directing the advance operations for then-Senator Hillary Clinton during her 2008 presidential campaign.

Another biography, published on the American University website, says Gowen worked with several other controversial Clinton projects, including The Clinton Global Initiative, The Clinton Foundation, and The Clinton Health Access Initiative.

Shortly after Awan’s arrest, Gowen immediately jumped into the fray and hit the ground running with allegations that Awan was a victim of Islamophobia. He labeled Awan’s arrest as part of “a right-wing media-driven prosecution by a United States Attorney’s Office that wants to prosecute people for working while Muslim"...it's almost as if the words are coming straight from Hillary's mouth.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
..it's almost as if the words are coming straight from Hillary's mouth.

Yuck. What a disgusting place that is.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
He labeled Awan’s arrest as part of “a right-wing media-driven prosecution by a United States Attorney’s Office that wants to prosecute people for working while Muslim"....

Advice to young attorneys:
“If the law is against you, pound the facts; if the facts are against you, pound the law; if the law and the facts are against you, pound the table.”

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
What would ever make any rational human being think ANYONE associated with anything associated with anything "Democratic Party" as being normal?...I am suspect of them all and as a note...I despise each...and...every...fucking...one Mad...yeah I'm one of them Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
A story that I hope has legs, keeps getting better, and results in some high-level perp walks. Summary quote speaks for itself.

LT. COL. TONY SHAFFER, U.S. ARMY (RET): This is more like a Quentin Tarantino movie with everything except a gimp, and I think the gimp will show up...

Shaffer: Evidence That Wasserman Schultz Used Pakistani Imran Awan For Malevolent Activities Against Bernie Sanders

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date July 28, 2017

Retired Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer said Thursday on Tucker Carlson Tonight that there is now evidence that then-Democratic National Chairwoman and current Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz used Imran Awan for "malevolent activities" and "manipulative things" against Bernie Sanders in the 2016 Democratic primary race.

Shaffer talked about Awan's other brothers who worked on Capitol Hill, family members fleeing the country to Pakistan, and that he got paid 3 times the average Congressional I.T. employee.

FOX News reported on bank fraud by one of the brothers, how he double-billed the House of Representatives, and the possibility of "putting sensitive House information on the 'cloud' and potentially exposing it to outside sources."

Awan was arrested at Dulles airport trying to leave the country.

Entire transcript:

LAURA INGRAHAM: What happens when a Congressional staffer with close ties to a top Democrat and access to sensitive hard drives gets caught wiring $300,000 to Pakistan and then is arrested trying to flee the country? Sounds like a pretty fascinating story. But if you're in the American media, they're not much interested.

Former DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz kept Imran Awan on her payroll for months, even as he was being investigated by the Capitol Police for a host of possible crimes. She even tried to hinder that investigation, but our intrepid press has shown little interest in the story.

Tony Shaffer is a retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel, he joins us, and he has been following this case.

This is wild. I watched CNN earlier today. I'm jetlagged, so I needed something that would put me to sleep temporarily. So I had it on, and the guy, I don't remember the reporter's name, but he reported it by saying "there were these conspiracy theories out there about this Debbie Wasserman Schultz staffer" who basically is just in trouble for some bad checks, for some bank fraud, it's just a conspiracy theory. Implying that people like you who have been covering this and have been looking into it are the conspiracy theorists.

LT. COL. TONY SHAFFER, U.S. ARMY (RET): This is more like a Quentin Tarantino movie with everything except a gimp, and I think the gimp will show up... Look, this is complex, but let me try to simplify. Basically, Debbie Wasserman Schultz employed three brothers who are of Pakistani origin at three times the salary of everybody else who does I.T. on Capitol Hill. This all started years ago.

INGRAHAM: They must be really good at their jobs.

SHAFFER: Apparently, they failed at working at Best Buy and other places, so I guess if you fail at Best Buy you get to be hired by the Hill.

INGRAHAM: Were they at Best Buy?

SHAFFER: I can't remember which one, it was one of those outlets. Now, what happened though is that she has employed those folks, and over the past years, there's been real issues regarding the fact that every other Democrat person they worked for on the Hill fired them. But they were retained by her. Now, what is really key here to remember, Laura, is not about hard drives. It's about the fact that these individuals, during a time they worked for her on Capitol Hill, and her position as a member of Congress --

INGRAHAM: Three brothers, Pakistani origin, which is not in and of itself a bad thing.

SHAFFER: -- had massive access to all databases to include e-mail of members of Congress, super user access to the system itself, and most importantly the sensitive information being held by the House Foreign Affairs Committee and other committees that they had access to. What this all comes down to is like, okay, you can have all that, but what gets worse is she actually employs these folks apparently to do hideous things behind the scenes.

There is evidence now that a least one of these brothers was helping her do the Bernie Sanders malevolent activities, trying to manipulative things against him that actually helped her do things like voice change calls, they actually did all other things which and then --

INGRAHAM: Who are these characters? Who are they?

SHAFFER: And then they dumped -- then there's evidence some of the information they had access to dumped off into a third database that's actually being called a breach. That's why the Capitol Hill Police rolled in saying there's something wrong here.

Now the FBI has rolled in and let me give you the big take away here, it looks like a foreign intelligence service may be the recipient of all this. Something called the Muslim Brotherhood.

INGRAHAM: Whoa, whoa, whoa. The Muslim Brotherhood and Debbie? They are really going to say it's a conspiracy theory now.

SHAFFER: It's a conspiracy now, but that's apparently where all of this has been going. That's why the FBI has now been investigating.

INGRAHAM: These brothers have been kicking around Capitol Hill in various capacities for IT, but they essentially were blacklisted by most of the other Democrats. Correct?

SHAFFER: That's correct.

INGRAHAM: Yet she gave him a home. Very interesting.

SHAFFER: She gave them a home. And they actually suspended most of their access in February of this year and she kept them on anyway.

INGRAHAM: She's just a very nice person. Apparently, it's a jobs program over there at the DNC.

SHAFFER: $300,000 being kicked over to Pakistan finally was the straw that broke the camel's back.

INGRAHAM: The wife is gone, she's safely over there in Pakistan.

https://www.realclearpolitics...._bernie_sanders.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
{doorbell rings}

Yeah, we gotta truckload of Karma for a Ms. Wubberman-Stoltz. Sign right here, please. OK if we dump it in the driveway?

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Does the karma look like this?

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5000 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
She doesn't too much to worry about....
Steven Wasserman, Brother of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Overseeing Awan Imran Case?
By Red Pill , The Goldwater · 07-27-2017

Photo credit: Satire World
Most people do not realize that in regards to the Imran Awan investigation and charges of bank fraud there is a massive cover up attempt occurring as well as a broad conflict of interest in the case.

I imagine many would be shocked to hear that the Assistant Attorney for the District of Columbia Steven Wasserman is actually Debbie Wasserman Shultz’s brother.

Some ask, would it be a conflict of interest with regard to both the Seth Rich murder investigation or the Imran Awan bank fraud criminal proceedings going forth knowing that Awan has ties directly to Wasserman-Schultz for her brother to be overseeing the case?

Absolutely, and it's actually no longer a matter of ”would it be a conflict of interest” in the context of a question anymore, because it's actually occurring and has been known for some time, dating back to the Seth Rich investigation at minimalOf course there's always the paid shills or illiterate and incompetent liberals who will try and claim there is no relationship between the Steve Wasserman and Debbie Wasserman Schultz, but they forget that autists have already spent time connecting those dots.

A simple Wikipedia search on Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s “Personal Life and Education” confirms this:

Born Deborah Wasserman in Forest Hills, Queens, New York,[5] she is the daughter of Ann and Larry Wasserman. Her father is a CPA, and her brother Steven Wasserman is Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.[6][7]

There's also now a public statement from Imran Awan’s family attorneys blaming “Islamophobia” and “Anti-Muslim bigotry” for what it considers as “attacks on the Awan family”, which at this point is satirical in nature considering Imran Awan has been charged with bank fraud and was trying to flee the country.

http://www.thegoldwater.com/ne...eing-Awan-Imran-Case

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everytime I see a picture of her I think, "How'd you like to look at that across your breakfast Wheaties in the morning?"

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Is there any kind of update on this situation??

(WRT Wasserman's involvement to the fleeing Pakistani, her possibly having secret stuff on her laptop she wanted back so hard that the cops had seized as evidence)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
unnamed sources but one of those stories you hope has legs

http://nypost.com/2017/08/19/i...oreign-intelligence/

Federal authorities are investigating whether sensitive data was stolen from congressional offices by several Pakistani-American tech staffers and sold to Pakistani or Russian intelligence, knowledgeable sources say.

What started out 16 months ago as a scandal involving the alleged theft of computer equipment from Congress has turned into a national-security investigation involving FBI surveillance of the suspects.

“This is a massive, massive scandal,” a senior US official familiar with the widening probe told The Post.

Alarm bells went off in April 2016 when computer security officials in the House reported “irregularities” in computer equipment purchasing. An internal investigation revealed the theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars in government property, and evidence pointed to five IT staffers and the Democratic Congress members’ offices that employed them.

The evidence was turned over to the House inspector general, who found so much “smoke” that she recommended a criminal probe, sources say. The case was turned over to Capitol Police in October.

During the probe, investigators found valuable government data that is believed to have been taken from the network and placed on offsite servers, setting off more alarms. Some 80 offices were potentially compromised.

Most lawmakers fired the alleged “ringleader” — longtime IT staffer Imran Awan — in February. But Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the former Democratic National Committee chief, kept Awan on her payroll until his arrest last month on seemingly unrelated charges of defrauding the congressional credit union.

For more than a decade, Awan, his wife, two relatives and a friend worked for 30 House Democrats. They included New York City pols Gregory Meeks, Joseph Crowley and Yvette Clarke and members of the sensitive Intelligence and Foreign Relations committees.

Most had relatively little IT experience. Yet they hauled in a combined $4 million-plus over the past decade. One, a former McDonald’s worker, was suddenly making as much as a chief of staff.

“These lawmakers allowed an insider threat to come into the House,” the official charged. “Computer equipment was stolen, taxpayers were robbed of hundreds of thousands of dollars, and sensitive data was compromised and possibly sold overseas.”

Now that prosecutors have Awan hung up on the fraud charges, they will try to squeeze him harder in the larger cyberespionage investigation, according to the US official, who expects additional charges and arrests in the case.

Awan’s lawyer, Christopher Gowen, who has worked for Hillary Clinton’s campaigns as well as the Clinton Foundation, maintained that his client was only indicted “for working while Muslim.”

Awan had access to Wasserman Schultz’s e-mails at both Congress and the DNC, where he had been given the password to her iPad. After DNC e-mails and research files were stolen during the presidential election, Wasserman Schultz reportedly refused to turn over the server to the FBI and instead called in a private firm to investigate and ID the hackers. The firm blamed the Russian government, while admitting, “We don’t have hard evidence.” The corrupted DNC server, held in storage, still has not been examined by the FBI.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
My only worry is that negotiated depositions and pleas may keep some information from becoming public. Nothing happens when pols are given something to hide behind.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awan Plot Thickens As NY Democrat Yvette Clarke "Quietly" Wrote-Off $120,000 Of Missing Tech Equipment

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...0-missing-tech-equip

When we reported last week that Imran Awan and his wife had been indicted by a grand jury on 4 counts, including bank fraud and making false statements related to some home equity loans, we also noted that those charges could simply be placeholders for further developments yet to come. Now, according to a new report from the Daily Caller, the more interesting component of the FBI's investigation could be tied to precisely why New York Democrat Representative Yvette Clarke quietly agreed in early 2016 to simply write-off $120,000 in missing electronics tied to the Awans.

A chief of staff for Democratic Rep. Yvette Clarke quietly agreed in early 2016 to sign away a $120,000 missing electronics problem on behalf of two former IT aides now suspected of stealing equipment from Congress, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned.

Clarke’s chief of staff at the time effectively dismissed the loss and prevented it from coming up in future audits by signing a form removing the missing equipment from a House-wide tracking system after one of the Awan brothers alerted the office the equipment was gone. The Pakistani-born brothers are now at the center of an FBI investigation over their IT work with dozens of Congressional offices.

The $120,000 figure amounts to about a tenth of the office’s annual budget, or enough to hire four legislative assistants to handle the concerns of constituents in her New York district. Yet when one of the brothers alerted the office to the massive loss, the chief of staff signed a form that quietly reconciled the missing equipment in the office budget, the official told TheDCNF. Abid Awan remained employed by the office for months after the loss of the equipment was flagged.

f true, of course this new information would seem to support previously reported rumors that the Awans orchestrated a long-running fraud scheme in which their office would purchase equipment in a way that avoided tracking by central House-wide administrators and then sell that equipment for a personal gain while simultaneously defrauding taxpayers of $1,000's of dollars.

Meanwhile, according to the Daily Caller, CDW Government could have been in on the scheme.

They’re suspected of working with an employee of CDW Government Inc. — one of the Hill’s largest technology providers — to alter invoices in order to avoid tracking. The result would be that no one outside the office would notice if the equipment disappeared, and investigators think the goal of the scheme was to remove and sell the equipment outside of Congress.

CDW spokeswoman Kelly Caraher told TheDCNF the company is cooperating with investigators, and has assurance from prosecutors its employees are not targets of the investigation. “CDW and its employees have cooperated fully with investigators and will continue to do so,” Caraher said. “The prosecutors directing this investigation have informed CDW and its coworkers that they are not subjects or targets of the investigation.”

Not surprisingly, Clarke's office apparently felt no need whatsoever to report the $120,000 worth of missing IT equipment to the authorities...it's just taxpayer money after all...

Of course, the missing $120,000 covers only Clarke’s office. As we've noted before, Imran and his relatives worked for more than 40 current House members when they were banned from the House network in February, and have together worked for dozens more in past years so who know just how deep this particular rabbit hole goes.

Also makes you wonder what else Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and the Awans might be hiding. Certainly the decision by Wasserman-Shultz to keep Awan on her taxpayer funded payroll, right up until he was arrested by the FBI while trying to flee the country, is looking increasingly fishy with each passing day.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
The liberal media has buried this story. Fox said the investigation is ramping up.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:....
Federal authorities are investigating whether sensitive data was stolen from congressional offices by several Pakistani-American tech staffers and sold to Pakistani or Russian intelligence, knowledgeable sources say....

Didn't Trump just tell us that Pakistan is maybe the most dangerous source of terrorism aimed at the US??

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
The Democrats' IT scandal just got even more bizarre:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...en-more-bizarre.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post