SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Danky is back in the news........not in a good way.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Danky is back in the news........not in a good way. Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz threatened the chief of the U.S. Capitol Police with “consequences” for holding equipment that she says belongs to her in order to build a criminal case against a Pakistani staffer suspected of massive cybersecurity breaches involving funneling sensitive congressional data offsite.

wouldn't she be colluding with the IT guy if she is trying to stifle the investigation? Could she be impeached, arrested, deported....sounds like obstruction of justice...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so far, Fox is the only news network reporting on this

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...o-leave-country.html

Fox News is told officers and agents from the U.S. Capitol Police, the FBI and Customs and Border Protection were involved in the arrest of Imran Awan at Dulles International Airport.

Awan, 37, of Virginia, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to one count of bank fraud during his arraignment in federal court in Washington, D.C. He was released but will have to wear a GPS monitor and abide by a curfew.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 21.

Law enforcements authorities for months have been looking into how Awan may have double-billed the House for equipment like computers, iPads, monitors, keyboards and routers. Several relatives of Awan worked for House Democrats and were fired months ago. Awan, however, was kept on staff by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., even though he was no longer allowed access to the House server network.

Wasserman Schultz, though, has now fired Awan. Spokesman David Damron said Tuesday in a statement:

"Mr. Awan previously served as a part-time employee but his services have been terminated. No charges, evidence or findings from the investigation have been formally shared with our office, so we cannot comment on them."

Authorities also have looked into IT workers putting sensitive House information on the “cloud” and potentially exposing it to outside sources.

The criminal complaint and affidavit said he had bought a ticket to fly Monday to Doha, Qatar, and then Lahore, Pakistan, with a return flight booked for early January. The affidavit specifically alleged he engaged in a scheme to defraud a Congressional Federal Credit Union. It did not appear to go in depth into the other matters investigators have been looking into.

Awan is of Pakistani descent, and Democratic sources have argued the family’s ethnicity is a factor in the attention they’re receiving.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Yeah, RT ticket. For sure.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awan is of Pakistani descent, and Democratic sources have argued the family’s ethnicity is a factor in the attention they’re receiving.

And why might that be? Hmm …. Roll Eyes

If he were of Canadian or British or French or even Indonesian descent would anyone be concerned about his ethnicity? If not, there’s a clue there, folks. It may be a little difficult for the low-IQ or willfully blind crowd to see, but it’s not that hard if we give it a moment’s thought.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47679 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Well, so far he hasn't turned up dead.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
...Rep. Gregory Meeks of New York, suggested that police had framed the Pakistani-born brothers out of Islamophobia.

Roll Eyes

What a fucking moron. Way to go Long Island voters...you succeeded in electing yet another in a long line of idiots.

quote:

I don't think Danky has that kind of pull.

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was released but will have to wear a GPS monitor and abide by a curfew.

That ought to make it easy for Hillary's goons to find him.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
GPS or not, released..., really? What the fuck.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
GPS or not, released..., really? What the fuck.

Contrary to the common misconception...BOND/BAIL is designed to ensure the defendant is or will return to their court date...unless it is deemed by the magistrate dealing with the initial court appearance, that the defendant is a serious threat to the public safety (hence why accused murderers get no bond or a million dollar cash bond etc)

Bond/bail is not supposed to be punitive.

(I'm not standing up for the guy, but everyone is entitled to it)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:

Yet.

There's plenty of time when the sun don't shine.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Florida GOP ( DEMOCRAT ) Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s right-hand information technology (IT) aide was arrested attempting to leave the country

ttp://dailycaller.com/2017/07...to-flee-the-country/

FIFY

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Bond/bail is not supposed to be punitive.

Yes, despite common misconceptions—and desires—to the contrary.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47679 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He is a foreigner (Pakistani) who was arrested, at an international airport. trying to leave the country, who is potentially involved in a case re: national politics at the highest levels.

If that's not a flight risk, what on Earth is?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So, apparently Dankie's way of choosing a tipping point is this: "I'll protect him right up until he gets arrested despite my protection - and then I'll fire him."

I love Dankie for all kinds of perverse and humor-related reasons, but that was purely the move of a woman who's studied carefully at the knee of Hillary Clinton. On the one hand, I'm sorry to see that blindly vicious mentality perpetuated. On the other hand, if Dankie's learned that the way the Big Girls do it is to flail around blindly, then we may be in for quite a bit more entertainment at her expense.

Note to Dankie: These kinds of problems are best solved quietly, and you want to separate yourself from the problem looong before someone gets arrested.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
He is a foreigner (Pakistani) who was arrested, at an international airport. trying to leave the country, who is potentially involved in a case re: national politics at the highest levels.

We are on the same page...especially the already expressed desire to flee the country....but the Magistrate took his Passports(s)...hmmmm

how long before he commits suicide, or is killed in a car wreck??

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:

this report

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05...tection-in-pakistan/

says his wife Hina Alvi and her daughters moved to Pakistan in May 2017

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
how long before he commits suicide, or is killed in a car wreck??

What makes you think this creep is important enough that he's necessarily gonna get assassinated? All we've heard about so far is an indictment for fraud on a Congressional Federal Credit Union and that he's being investigated for double-billing the House of Representatives for goods and services. Even if everything suspected is proven true, all that makes him is a common hustler. That would be mildly embarrassing to the Dems for a short while, but they'd be blowing it off as being no big deal after a few news cycles.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/news/...ng-to-leave-country/

Federal authorities said Awan allegedly tried to get a $165,000 home equity loan through the Congressional Federal Credit Union for a rental property, which violates the credit union’s policy because it is not the owner’s primary residence, reported Politico.

The $165,000 was then transferred to two people in Faisalabad, Pakistan.

Awan was on his way to Pakistan, where his wife, Hina Alvi, and children are currently residing, before he was arrested. Federal agents said they didn’t believe Awan had any intention of returning to the U.S.

Awan’s attorney, Chris Gowen, said his client is the victim of a right-wing media conspiracy.

“This is clearly a right-wing media-driven prosecution by a United States Attorney’s Office that wants to prosecute people for working while Muslim,” Gowen said.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Busted, sparky. I'd be very surprised if we don't eventually see "agent of a foreign power" charges against this guy. Sure, there's financial fraud, but the IT work, the passwords and the smashed computer disks speak to misappropriation of information. It will be interesting to see if he was gathering the information for his use, or for the use of others.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I'm still not so sure this has anything to do with him. I suspect the charges against him are being used as leverage, and that danky kept him on the payroll to keep him happy and quiet.

There's something on that laptop and/or on the devices at his former home that will reflect poorly on the democrats.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post