SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Beautiful camping weather in Maryland; little ones first trip out *Basically just a bunch of pics my kids enjoying themselves*
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beautiful camping weather in Maryland; little ones first trip out *Basically just a bunch of pics my kids enjoying themselves* Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good time, that teardrop looks like the perfect size for a weekend getaway.
You went with a different model than you were originally looking at, right? Encore ROG was your first option? Forget what swayed you off that to this one?

We had a pop-up when I was a kid & it slept the 6 of us decently. Double towed it with our jet skis for summer trips.

Once my youngest gets a bit older & some of these teardrops hit the used market I may look into it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
You're right, I was looking at the ROG.

Bottom line was it came down to price, I think the ROG is a really nice unit and would love to have one, but it was looking to be about 8K more than what we got the TAG for and the additional features didn't amount to that much.

The Tag works really well for how I use it. Almost like packing up the essentials and taking them camping with you.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's a big jump for what's a very similar unit.
I'm probably a couple years from looking into it with any seriousness.
My wife would rather a toy hauler that can take the 5 of us.
I'd rather something smaller & do weekend trips with one of the girls or just me & the wife. Bonus if we could tandem the Midget somehow & have that to cruise around in once set up, but probably a stretch too far.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Yeah, that's a big jump for what's a very similar unit.
I'm probably a couple years from looking into it with any seriousness.
My wife would rather a toy hauler that can take the 5 of us.
I'd rather something smaller & do weekend trips with one of the girls or just me & the wife. Bonus if we could tandem the Midget somehow & have that to cruise around in once set up, but probably a stretch too far.

I really like the size of the teardrop and those comparable sized trailers can really come with a LOT of features if one is willing to pay the price. Saw some custom-outfitted rigs at the dealership I bought mine going for upwards of 80K for an offroad teardrop. Crazy what you can get into them.

I initially wanted a little toy hauler so I could drag the motorcycle along but that came at the expense of some of the things my wife wanted and the kids so since I'm not single I gave in. But it still serves us well for those short weekend trips. I plan to do another Rockies trip before I go back overseas and this will be nice for me and the wife and the little one on that trip.

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Terrific [hotos, thank you for sharing. Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
There's some pretty interesting rock formations with cliffs and such at nearby Catoctin Mountain Park. Too dangerous for the kids though.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Looked a fantastic trip. Love their smiles!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Beautiful girls. Where was Jelly?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to your Rocky Mountain trip out my way. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
cute kids. enjoy them. time flies

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Beautiful girls. Where was Jelly?

ORC,
Thoroughly impressed with your awareness and memory of Jelly! She was there, along with the pup my wife brought up on the last night.

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Ah, she has gotten to be a big girl or boy. Big Grin Springer spaniel? great dogs too. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

My wife’s Moyan poodle. Only about 4 months old. Jelly is really turning out to be an excellent dog. 100% heeled, stubborn as hell, but me and her are tight.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My kids LOVED a honey bun. Miss those days....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post