SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do You Have a Great Béarnaise Sauce Recipe?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Have a Great Béarnaise Sauce Recipe? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
So my 25th Wedding Anniversary is this Tuesday. I plan to make a very nice dinner for my wife along with gifts. I will start with a nice arugula salad and then Kobe beef tenderloin steaks with asparagus. I have a Big Green Egg so I can cook the steaks restaurant quality.I will end with a nice desert.

I would like to add béarnaise sauce to the steak and asparagus. I found a great recipe on NYT website but they can go to hell and die as everything I do to view or print it is “click bait” to take you to something else to make you pay money.

I was able to see the recipe for a brief second and it looks really good, but I can no longer see it to copy or print. Other recipes I see seem to be shortcuts. Just curious if anyone has a good recipe. Otherwise I will just do Hollandaise Sauce or skip sauce period. I hate anything about NY except that is where my mom and her family are from….ugh.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Last part I couldn't fit into the capture reads:

"...combine and emulsify. Remove the bowl from the pan occasionally, so as not to overcook the eggs, and taste the sauce. Season with salt. If the flavor is not sharp enough, add a splash of lemon juice. If the sauce is too thick, stir in a splash of hot water. Add the remaining teaspoon of tarragon leaves, and serve."

Posts: 20107 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Béarnaise sauce is simply hollandaise with tarragon. I personally cannot stand tarragon. Hollandaise is beautiful all by itself.

From memory, clarified butter, egg yolk and a little lemon juice.

I spent my 20s dipping french fries in it.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^^ like they said it's mostly holandaise with tarragon and maybe shallots.

I did something similar a couple years ago for our anniversary too.
Except I made Filet Oskar (fillet topped with crab and béarnaise)
Came out spectacular
{snip of mine}

One more thing the filet is one cut that is better off cooked inside.
Regular sear then put in oven.
You could reverse sear but the sear is better when the meat is not cooked yet.
Good Luck and congrats on your anniversary.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Nothing to add other than congratulations on a huge milestone!

Oh yeah, and that filet Oscar looks amazing, one of my favorites!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I'm not one to put sauce on a steak, especially a cut like Wagyu. Kobe is not a breed of cattle it's a region in Japan where Wagyu cattle are raised. But if you must Chef Jean Pierre shows you how to make the sauce. I have followed many of his recipes and they are always five stars.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another tip I’ve found very helpful is to make the bearnaise on your own schedule up to an hour ahead, and store it in a preheated insulated coffee thermos. Do this by pouring boiling water into the thermos and screw the stopper lid on, and let it sit while you’re making the sauce. Once the sauce is ready, dump out the hot water and pour in the sauce. Then you can go about your meal cooking without having to slave over the sauce while everything else is coming together. Great, now I’m hungry! Happy Anniversary!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of tenderloin. For flavor, fat rules. Actually chuck eye steaks are becoming our favorite.
Something to try is crisp up a few pieces of good bacon (black pepper?) grind it up in a blender. Use that for seasoning!
I usually cook extra bacon for snacking!
Congrats on your anniversary! Marriage is a struggle, happily married is a gift!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1129 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Another tip I’ve found very helpful is to make the bearnaise on your own schedule up to an hour ahead, and store it in a preheated insulated coffee thermos. Do this by pouring boiling water into the thermos and screw the stopper lid on, and let it sit while you’re making the sauce. Once the sauce is ready, dump out the hot water and pour in the sauce. Then you can go about your meal cooking without having to slave over the sauce while everything else is coming together. Great, now I’m hungry! Happy Anniversary!

Great tip, thanks! In restaurants, we had double boiler...I like you idea! Thanks - cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:

Thanks for the recipe Gustofer and thanks for this tip!!!!

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your anniversary.

My recipe for bearnaise is pretty much exactly like Gustofer's. I have made your exact menu a number of times, one of my favorites. I'll also make bearnaise when I make Steak Frites, I love french fries with the sauce.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The tough part is milking six or seven Great Bernese Mountain Dogs.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Fresh tarragon is key. If you can't find it, make another sauce IMHO.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here's Chef John's take:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VxgatSjVQE

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This recipe has served me well many times, and you can knock it out in less than 10-minutes. You'll need an immersion blender, if you don't have one, you should, arguably one of the most useful kitchen appliances next to a toaster oven.

https://www.seriouseats.com/fo...arnaise-sauce-recipe

If you only have a whisk, Stephane's method is solid

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!!! Today I created a 10 minute video of pictures of us from when we first met up until last week. I put it to music and plan to play it after dinner.

posted Hide Post
Don’t get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:

Posts: 4769 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my version;

https://www.facebook.com/Manetti1941

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post