SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rough Air and an Irate Airline Passenger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rough Air and an Irate Airline Passenger Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted
Flew into LaGuardia yesterday around 1500hrs. The descent had to be the wildest ride I've ever had in an airplane. People all around me were filling barf bags like they were getting paid for it. Que the irate man...

This gentleman was outfitted in a black shirt, ballcap, and jeans. All bedazzled with gold plastic. Basically a walking advertisement for the True Religion brand. From what I can gather, his wife and young daughter filled their puke bags on the descent. The second, I mean the absolute second the plane touched down - (after crabbing sideways and bouncing at touchdown) he leapt from his seat screaming for a flight attendant to take the bags from him. Seems mister tough guy couldn't handle holding onto vomit until the ride came to a full and complete stop.

The flight attendant placed her hand on his shoulder and asked him to remain seated until we reached the gate. Homeboy lost his mind screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs. Talking about getting no respect, etc. No authorities were involved, and we all de-planed in an orderly fashion while the cleaners came in to tidy up the "vomit comet".

I suppose my question is why do people with neck tattoos, bedazzled clothing, and horrible attitudes expect to be respected?

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Because if they get no respect they can barf on you?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many/most of these people are legends......in their minds ONLY!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Basically a walking advertisement for the True Religion brand.
Explain this remark, please.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
No Punisher shirt = No Respect. Wink

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the least-pleasant assignments I ever had was cleaning behind the instrument panel of a Cessna in which a small girl projectile-vomited milk and half-digested oranges. It was a hot summer day, too.

I can recall many days of returning to land in a Cessna 207, from a bumpy grand Canyon tour, with each seat having filled three airsick bags along the way.

It would be really nice if folks would at least tie them off before laying them down.

What's truly awesome, however, is to to sit on a full C-130 as a wave of airsickness moves down the line. You can see it coming before the smell hits, but when it does, it's an overwhelming stench of human insides and acidic decay.

For a really fun time, put some beef stew in a sick sac and just after the door opens on jump run, pretend to vomit. Then as others are preparing to exit the aircraft, reach into the bag and take a paw full of beef stew, stuff it in your mouth, and swallow. Guaranteed to leave a trail of mist behind the airplane as everyone gets out, vomiting.

Worth it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

True Religion brand jeans are bedazzled from the factory. Lots of jewels and pre-torn for an extra $100 over your standard Levis.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's truly awesome, however, is to to sit on a full C-130 as a wave of airsickness moves down the line.

Just went to a friend's promotion to LtCol. He gave us a tour of "his" C-130. Was pretty interesting to see the "thunder jug" and the little urinal behind the door.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

True Religion brand jeans are bedazzled from the factory. Lots of jewels and pre-torn for an extra $100 over your standard Levis.

Yeah, their clothing is awful.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just went to a friend's promotion to LtCol. He gave us a tour of "his" C-130. Was pretty interesting to see the "thunder jug" and the little urinal behind the door.

Major source of airframe corrosion thanks to those tubes.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Major source of airframe corrosion thanks to those tubes.

I was curious about that. Didn't seem like the best idea to be spraying potassium, sodium, and other corrosive compounds down the side of an aircraft.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I HONESTLY feel sorry for our cabin crews. They do the most remarkable jobs with adults who act like children and children who act like brats. I could NOT do their job in a million years. I don't care how bitchy the cabin crew may be when I board the plane, because 1) I kill them with kindness and go overboard to make sure they don't need anything, and 2) I KNOW they deal with SOME type of BS on each and every leg.

As for Mr. Religion Jeans...he's the typical ass who thinks the WORLD is owed to him because he paid $104 per seat to be on that aircraft. He doesn't know that if I had MY way, those seats would cost him about $800 per, based on inflation...probably more. Screw him and his ilk. But I still smile and thank him for flying with us and apologize for the turbulence of which GOD has the only control...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Welcome to LGA. Don't worry, if they run out of runway you'll end up in the water...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vomit?

Be on a troop transport in the middle of a Pacific Typhoon. Imagine a big grey ship filled with 2,500 servicemen bobbing like a cork.

There was puke everywhere.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Maybe venting from the stress? Some people on planes don't handle it well. I have flown a lot this year (I try to avoid LGA like the plague) and have always treated the flight crew with respect and I have found that more often than not they return in kind. Definitely a tough job.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
People all around me were filling barf bags like they were getting paid for it.

Slightly off topic, but my landing approaches - yes, we did a go-around at the last second - on Southwest into BDL (Connecticut) last night SUCKED. Really bad ride.

There were no barf bags...

It was not pretty. A chain reaction almost kicked in during the go-around...

Ugh.

I did not get sick, but felt pretty close to it.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I've heard several reports of very bumpy approaches (ORD and LGA) the last couple of days. Is there some unusual weather going on there?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Vomit?

Be on a troop transport in the middle of a Pacific Typhoon. Imagine a big grey ship filled with 2,500 servicemen bobbing like a cork.

There was puke everywhere.

I can relate to that! My first trip overseas was on the USNS Geiger. Troop ship. No idea how many troops were actually on board, but suspect at least 3 battalions.

I was blessed with guarding the dependent's area, so I got to spend time not in the hold.

We ended up on the tail end of a major north Atlantic storm with waves crashing over the bow.

Got to watch the "waves" coming down the loooong white linoleum corridor for 4 hours at a stretch. A buddy stood post at the other end.

We each made an emergency run outside and called davy. Only once, though. Never did actually feel sick, just got nauseous once. The troop compartments were hell, tho.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Maybe venting from the stress? Some people on planes don't handle it well. I have flown a lot this year (I try to avoid LGA like the plague) and have always treated the flight crew with respect and I have found that more often than not they return in kind. Definitely a tough job.

I hate flying with a passion, hate people in general, etc. But I would never even think of taking my frustrations out on the crew. I play in a band with a commercial pilot and asked him why I almost always get all my drinks comp'ed on every airline. He said the crew profile people as they board and take note of those who look like they could and would help out in case of trouble. Somehow, I fit that profile.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:

I hate flying with a passion, hate people in general, etc. But I would never even think of taking my frustrations out on the crew. I play in a band with a commercial pilot and asked him why I almost always get all my drinks comp'ed on every airline. He said the crew profile people as they board and take note of those who look like they could and would help out in case of trouble. Somehow, I fit that profile.

Huh? What does that have to do with getting free drinks?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post