SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need Tires On My Lincoln MKS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Tires On My Lincoln MKS Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I have Pirelli's on now and have beem pleased. Any suggestions for 245/45R20's?

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ we have on our Flex.
I believe they've been succeeded by the AS4 now.

Excellent heavy water traction (Houston downpours)
No issue in the just below freezing driving in Flagstaff on our trip from CA to TX a couple years ago.

On my Mercedes I had Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS
Not quite as good as the Michelin, but still a good tire & miles better than the runflat Continentals that were OE for the car.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15277 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My car has some pretty strange sizes and had worn Michelin Pilot SuperSports since I wore the first set of Dunlop run flats it came with from the factory. On the last go around about a years ago I wasn’t able to source a set of Michelin tires or many other brands I would have been comfortable purchasing. I ended up with a set of Continental Extreme Contact sport tires and I have been extremely pleased to date. Check availability with your tire supplier before getting your heart set on something currently unobtainable.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link on Tires

Lots of options, from big bucks to less sort it as you like. Click the options to narrow it down and read up.

As a Costco member I'd check for Michelins they usually have a deal, right now it's $150 off on 4 new tires, install includes nitrogen, install, mount balance, disposal...

https://tires.costco.com/

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Look at the Nokian zLine A/S.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Here in PNW I really like the Michelin Crossclimate 2 for my daily driver.

I put Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4 RF on the Corvette and like them a bunch, but I don't drive it in stormy weather to can't really compare the two in bad conditions.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I had Michelin Pilot AS3+ on my last car and when it came time for my current car I wanted the CrossClimate2s but they didn't have my size. I ended up with the Pilot Sport All Season 4s and they're amazing.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

I’ve got the 18s on my Audi and I love them. Much better ride, grip, and comfort in all seasons than the Pirelli Cinturatos that replaced them.

If you’re wanting a cushier ride while still having grip, Michelin CrossClimate2 is a great one to look at.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I got the Pirelli again. This time the P7 AS +3.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the CrossClimate 2 on my 2010 MKS about 1k ago and have to say I'm impressed. One of the quietest tires I have ever run. I live in Michigan and look forward to see how they do in this winter.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post