SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watching my first NFL game of the year.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching my first NFL game of the year. Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The last entire professional football game that I watched was the '97 (I think it was) Super Bowl that the Steelers played in. I was a yuge Steelers fan as a kid. What kid couldn't admire guys like Jack Lambert, Rocky Bleier, Franco, etc....

21 years later, I don't miss it one bit. The NFL is not what it was. Nowadays it is mostly professional thugs rather than professional football. No thank you.

Posts: 20121 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize there were so many (former) Redskins fans here. When Jack Kent Cooke owned the team, I was a rabid fan (I once had a collection of over 300 Redskins fan items). My wife even had a custom sweatshirt made for me that read, "My two favorite teams are the Redskins and whoever's playing Dallas." I spent ten years working with the team, doing the home game giveaways, and getting into the games for free.

Dan Snyder came along and ruined a historic franchise. Under Cooke, there was a 22 year waiting list for season tickets. Now, there's no problem -- they have season tickets going for a song on Stubhub.

Combine that with the despicable behavior of NFL players in general, and I spent my Thanksgiving with family. We watched the new Kurt Russell Christmas movie, "The Christmas Chronicles." Highly recommended, by the way.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Lost all interest in the NFL, haven't watched any this year.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't watched any games "live" this year. I have watched a few games in a condensed mode (my beer drinking buddy's NFL Game Pass). A good way to watch. I did read that there were no kneel downs on Thanksgiving day national anthem. Any truth to that? If it is true, it seem like the idiots that were doing it suddenly like money more than protests. The NFL TV ratings are down and I see a bunch of empty seats when I watch the condensed games.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post