SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have experience with Beko appliances
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with Beko appliances Login/Join 
posted
Our dishwasher crapped the bed and we need a new one. There is very limited stock and options.

Bosch are non existent.

A local appliance store (not a big box) recommended Beko. I have never heard of them and they appear to be European. I’m worked about future parts and availability as it seems no one else in the area carries this brand. Is there any more worry than getting a Samsung or LG.

Let me be clear. There is an extremely limited supply and basically I have to pick what a store physically has in stock.

So back to Beko. Are they any good?

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Never heard of Beko.

Looks like Lowes has dishwashers on hand in the Pittsburgh area. I’d wash dishes by hand for a month before buying a little known brand with little parts and service support, and wait for a KitchenAid or Whirlpool to arrive. But that’s just me.

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in the exact spot you're at...dishwasher crapped out and stock of "good" brands very, very. low. I was looking for Bosch or Kitchenaid but not much luck - and looking specifically for black stainless didn't help.

Stopped into a local appliance store and heard all about the shortages and what I was looking for could be 3 - 6 months out. He then showed me and recommended a Beko model because he could get one in a few days, referred to it as "Bosch-lite"; European, good quality, doesn't dry as good as USA models. I kind of feel like he was just trying to sell what he had versus really believing in the brand - someone else will chime in I'm sure with better knowledge.

I ended up casting my net a little wider on my online search and found that Best Buy had the Kitchenaid black stainless model I was looking for and could deliver in one week. Never thought I'd pay over $1,300 for a DW...especially with only me and the wife in the house.

Good luck.

Posts: 164 | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was told that the Euro dishwashers do not dry well at all, they aren’t allowed to have drying elements due to “green” European BS or something along those lines. A friend just bought a house and replaced an older dishwasher with a Bosch and has been very disappointed with it so far, he said he’d have never bought it had he known it wouldn’t dry the dishes and glasses.

Posts: 33813 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I just bought a new Whirlpool dishwasher after our 20 year old machine crapped out . I was specifically warned off Bosch and other similar brands by a very good friend of mine who owns an appliance store.

Whirlpool and KA are the only machines I would buy, even if it meant having to handwash dishes while I waited for one to come in. Fortunately, I tracked my new one down pretty easily.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post