SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got cheese. Sandwich? Or omelette?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got cheese. Sandwich? Or omelette? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I bought a nice hunk of jalapeño Muenster to make a cheese sandwich for my lunch today. But now I remember a jalapeño Muenster omelette that I made a while back. It was danged good, so now I’m rethinking my lunch plan. Some photos of that omelette:

Three beaten jumbo eggs and cheese in the pan:

Muenster melts as well as American cheese, but has more character:

Now on a plate with seasoning salt, fresh ground black pepper, and a spiral of Cholula Green Pepper hot sauce:

BTW – I buy half gallon bottles of Cholula Green Pepper and put some into an old French’s mustard bottle for convenient dispensing.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9004 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I think I would have gone with a grilled cheese. It looks pretty good for an omelette, but you can’t beat a good grilled cheese.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You didn’t fold the omelette? Confused

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Looks magnificent either way. Thanks for the tip on handy squeeze bottle use. While a fan of the green, I've developed a taste for 'slap ya momma' cajun salt as handy alternative.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
You didn't fold the omelette over...

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
You could fold that bad boy up and slide it between some good home made bread!

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
You didn't fold the omelette over...

It's an open face omelette. I'm more disappointed by the lack of sausage, or ham, or onions, or mushrooms...

Posts: 2665 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Or crab meat or shrimp. And yes...I'm in the "you didn't fold it?" crowd. Big Grin

p.s. still looks good...kudos!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Jalapeno Muenster sounds good. I'll have to give that a try.

quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

I don't fold unless I need room on the plate for bacon. Smile

Posts: 7322 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

quote:

How could you possibly not need room for bacon? I understand, there's none left by the time the omelet is on the plate, but in that case you are not cooking enough bacon!

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
How could you possibly not need room for bacon? I understand, there's none left by the time the omelet is on the plate, but in that case you are not cooking enough bacon!

Good point! I'll have to work on that.

Posts: 7322 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Holy moly you like a lot of cheese! That looked like about 3/4 of a pound there Eek

Posts: 33891 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:

quote:

Absolutely. Needs a LOT more bacon.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Try sautéing green onions, diced jalapeño, before pouring in the egg, then some diced tomato.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7122 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I had a guy in yesterday to do some work on my kitchen ceiling, so I was pressed for time and went with the easy to make sandwich.

On German-baked Mestemacher pumpernickel. Plus Thumann’s Düsseldorf mustard and black pepper. Lordy, I like cheese!

BTW – Thumann’s is better known for deli meats, but they also offer several condiments. The Düsseldorf mustard has tasty spices, and less vinegar than French’s. And note that I put a French’s mustard cap on it – much cleaner dispensing than its original cap.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9004 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
Or crab meat or shrimp. And yes...I'm in the "you didn't fold it?" crowd. Big Grin

Well there's always a scramble. This with cheese and finely diced tomatoes and onion. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16257 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
An unfolded omelette is just unscrambled eggs.

You might as well just cut a slice of pulled pork! Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post