SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cellphones and Selfie Cameras
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cellphones and Selfie Cameras Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
I'm beginning to shop for a new cellphone and have been watching reviews and reading specs. Apparently the 'Selfie Camera' is a big deal when it comes to people deciding what cellphone to buy. Who knew? As such, I thought it might be fun to get a bit of feedback from the membership.

Question:
Soooooooooooo, how many total 'selfies' have you taken during the time you've owned a cellphone?

Choices:
1 to 10
11 to 50
51 to 100
100+
Too many to count
I've never taken a selfie

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I travel a lot for work, usually alone. I often get a chance to slip away and see some neat places. I realized a number of years ago that I had lot of pictures of cool places but wasn't in any of them. So I started taking selfies to more or less document that I'd been there.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37970 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a smart phone, so can't take a "selfie" by the usual definition. My flip phone does have a camera but I don't use it. To be fair, on trips and tours I do occasionally ask someone else to get a photo of me at an attraction with my DSLR, but not very often. (I consider the fact that I have photos of the attraction to be sufficient proof that I was there.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
iPhone categorizes ‘selfies’ into their own folder on the phone — under “albums”.

So it does the math for you and I have an exact count — I have 961 selfies in this folder, dating back to 2012.

99.9% of these are me taking “selfies” with my wife and/or kids, though. And in looking at it, it appears that every time we do it we take the picture like 6 times so .. yea, a lot of excess photos in there.

I don’t really have a need to take a picture of just myself though.

But I would agree ... this camera is important.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since most people I know are already aware of my striking beauty, I take few selfies.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I can honestly say a selfie cam is not high on my priority list given I've taken exactly one selfie in my entire life. And of course it was with one of my favorite people. Smile My perpetual co-pilot.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I have never taken a selfie, it’s bad enough others have to look at me but I’m not forcing myself to look at me any more than I have to.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I have mirrors in the house to look at myself.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't believe anyone who voted that he's never taken a picture of himself, except maybe flashguy.

What a stupid word by the way.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sent one or two to my wife. Got a couple of selfies while on SIGforum. My cats like to hop up on my shoulders when I'm on the computer and watch.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

I've taken exactly one selfie in my entire life.
You look just like I imagined that you would.

Who's the guy behind you, with the sunglasses?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't believe anyone who voted that he's never taken a picture of himself, except maybe flashguy.

Better believe it. Not one single time did I hold a phone to include myself in a photo.

I have friends who find that amusing.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16707 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You look just like I imagined that you would...

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24124 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I’ve taken one, when I renewed my nonresident Utah concealed carry license.

Posts: 3239 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
One. I needed a pic of myself to submit with my CCDW renewal and nobody else was home at the time to take it for me.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I took one to send to the online eyeglass vendor to see how frames would look on me.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I've used the camera in that fashion to take pictures inside of a wall through a hole in the drywall.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
AFAIK, I've never taken a selfie. I also don't try to take "artistic" photos with the phone camera. More utility. I send lots of picture of Home Depot items to a contractor to show him what to buy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You look just like I imagined that you would.

Who's the guy behind you, with the sunglasses?
Funny man. Smile

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Never done it.
Haven’t seen a reason yet to break that trend.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post