SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Census Data Reveals the Most Miserable Cities In America
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Census Data Reveals the Most Miserable Cities In America Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
after the 5th or 6th review then scanning down through more, the whole thing is filled with crap on income disparity and social justice bullshit in the reviews...

Although New Haven Pizza might be good, have to try it....

Lansing - Crime, Income, mental health

Cleveland - Poverty, income disparity

Compton - 87 murders, dangerous city but improving, income, poverty

Huntsville- Location where death sentences are carried out... morbid location, poverty

Trenton - poverty, Gun violence

It goes on and on, income disparity, poverty, low wages, guns, the trend is social warrior justice complaints...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington DC should lead the list

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
Not surprised to see that Shreveport made the list.
Yup…place is a Liberal, Demotarded, infested shithole. that?

Shreveport is a lot of things but Liberal is not one of them.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
When I would go home from college I had to pass through Pasadena, Tx. Don't know about the demographics, but I was miserable having to deal with the smells from the refineries and chemical plants. Most malodorous place I've experienced.
Plenty of reasons (wall to wall petrochemical plants and their issues, meth, the motorcycle gang that controls the meth trade, etc) to not to want to live in Pasadena, TX, but the article only spewed racist bullshit as "logic." BTW, their "logic" could be read two ways (both are nonsense):
  • 40% white devil population makes it a miserable place to live
  • 60% Hispanic population makes it a miserable place to live

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    Not surprised to see that Shreveport made the list.
    Yup…place is a Liberal, Demotarded, infested shithole. that?
    Uhhhhhh…excuse me??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...hreveport,_Louisiana

In my lifetime of 62 years, Shreveport has had a Republican mayor for only 9…NINE…of those years, to include the current mayor who’s been in office for less than a year. I don’t know what YOUR specific definition of “Liberal” is, but I got damp guarantee you, Shreveport, LA is LI-BER-AL.

Perhaps with this new administration, things will change, but I ain’t holdin’ my breath.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bodhisattva
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hildur:
    Lansing, Michigan was so bad it made the list twice.

Well it IS full of MSU fans.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by corsair:
    a click-bait website

The social commentary was bizarre when rating a city for misery.

Pasiac NJ and the lack of sex education in the schools?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Page late and a dollar short
    posted Hide Post
    [quote

Lansing - Crime, Income, mental health[/quote]

Well our state legislature and executive branch is there, so……..

-------------------------------------——————
    ————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Uhhhhhh…excuse me??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...hreveport,_Louisiana

In my lifetime of 62 years, Shreveport has had a Republican mayor for only 9…NINE…of those years, to include the current mayor who’s been in office for less than a year. I don’t know what YOUR specific definition of “Liberal” is, but I got damp guarantee you, Shreveport, LA is LI-BER-AL.

Perhaps with this new administration, things will change, but I ain’t holdin’ my breath.[/QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------

In a place like Shreveport having a Republican or a Democrat mayor is not a factor regarding whether or not the city is conservative or liberal. Until Nixon's "Southern Strategy", Louisiana, including Shreveport, was almost entirely Democratic- to the point that most state and local elections were decided in the Democratic primaries. And, the vast majority of those boys were conservatives.

Things have indeed changed since then and conservative democrats are a dying breed but there are still a whole lot of them in places like Shreveport and North Louisiana. A good way to judge the area would be to read the opinion section of local fish wrap, "The Shreveport Times". It has mellowed since Gannett bought the paper but it sure isn't liberal and neither are its readers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tejas421,

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post