SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If it runs on combustible fuel, I don't want a battery-powered version of it
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If it runs on combustible fuel, I don't want a battery-powered version of it Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One of the five vehicles I would like would be an EV mini van for our errand running days ,

Four times a month,
We average between 65 and 80 miles over a six hour period.

Groceries, appts. , Hauling larger crap about, lunch, picking up , delivering.

Stop and go is were they shine

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well I like the hybrid my wife bought recently ... using the energy when stopping to charge the battery is close the genius.. the same as when gong down hill. Not sure if the technology needed to do this is worth it but it sure is fun to watch on the center console.

I do agree with the gas stove and such thing... but probably because I deal with gas fireplaces just about every day besides loving my gas cook stove. I did install an on demand gas water unit and just recently had to add a small electric water heater with tank to the kitchen line to make my wife happy. I bought some wattage monitors and have determined that 4gal water heater is costing us 11 cents a week.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I'll buy an EV as soon as they go all in for the electric ambulance or a battery powered fire truck.

They are already making electric fire trucks. I think LAFD may be the only fire department that actually has one in service yet though. From what I’ve heard it’s not yet ready for prime time - big shocker right?!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I think for the most part you'll still be able to use whatever you want, but they'll make sure it will be very costly to do so.

Posts: 2715 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:

Electric vehicle <something something> big shocker
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
I kinda like my cordless mower. Our yard isn't that big and I've mowed 3 times on one charge. Cuts better than the gas mower we used to use.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post