SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hernia surgery
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hernia surgery Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Smoothies sound like a good idea; probably not a bad idea to start the day before to prime the pump, so to speak. The docs assistant did warn me about eating a heavy meal the day prior to surgery.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gearhounds, how did the hernia surgery go today?

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
About 24 hours in as of now. Last night was a little rough moving around, today is much better. Been drinking watered down Gatorade and smoothies for the most part but ate some leftover stir fry for lunch, some fruit, and scrambled eggs.

I had a single Vicodin at the hospital and 1 hydrocodone before dropping off to sleep. Just back and forth between advil and Tylenol since then for pain management. The pharmacist advised that hydrocodone contributes to constipation so I’m passing on harder stuff. It’s moderately painful but decreasing noticeably to where I’m able to walk around a bit.

Turns out the left inguinal was a double hernia and the right side was fine. I got a couple of stitches to deal with the umbilical hernia to boot. I appreciate all the good advice and personal experiences. I’m lounging around watching movies and being waited on by the missus so all things considered I can’t really complain.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Heal fast … Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post