SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just what I need: Severe weather forecast from NOAA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just what I need: Severe weather forecast from NOAA Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Here I'm still dealing with the insurance company and contractors for extensive large hail damage from a storm last year! Eek
Weather, material availability, constant price increase quotes, insurance company delays and stubbornness, among other things have contributed to these ridiculous delays.
Claim currently is $55k and could grow to as much as $70k when all is said and done.

"There is an enhanced risk of severe thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening, mainly from 400 PM to Midnight. Giant hail, thunderstorm winds gusts in excess of 80 MPH and isolated tornadoes are possible."

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
...and oh yeah...the Pandemic impact. Figured it was obvious so initially I didn't mention it. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Stay safe!!

I hated (and still do) tornados and tornado warnings when I lived in Iowa. Seemed super arbitrary and personal, not like a hurricane or earthquake with widespread destruction. More like the finger of the Angel of Death.

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't until I lived in Davis, CA of all places that my house was (in a very minor fence blowing down way) hit by a very small tornado, but tornado nevertheless. You,your family, and your neighborhood are in my thoughts and prayers FWIW!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Looks like that storm is moving across the State and it looks like I can expect some T-storms in the early morning hours.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
ggile,

Yup... watched Sioux Fall's KELO's 5 o'clock broadcast here at 4pm followed by some Rapid City stations. They're expecting the wall (front of high moisture against very dry) and the related storms to hit us around 8pm or later with East River after midnight. Also mentioned tornados have been reported touching down in North Dakota already.

Sundance and Spearfish are getting hit right now with a severe T'storm.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Stay safe ND appears to have at least one large particularly dangerous tornado on the ground right now

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Oh crap, Bob!

Hold onto your hat!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Oh crap, Bob!

Hold onto your hat!

Frank you're a smartass! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s past midnight. Is all well or are you left with a pumpkin, glass slipper, and some mice?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
We dodged a bullet. Did have some nasty T'storm activity and high wind but the crazy stuff passed to the north of us.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
Yep, storm season. I guess the estimate might grow to $70K if they have to replace any plywood underlayment.

That stuff is solid gold now. I was in HD yesterday; $65 for a piece 4x8-5/8

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m coming out dogging next week. I see it will be hot, hopefully not to much ra8n or storms.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
I’m coming out dogging next week. I see it will be hot, hopefully not to much rain or storms.

Next week is forecast as very dry and hot.

Prairie poodle shooting, especially long range, is a lot of fun. Enjoy!

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
My M.O. this year will be up & at em earlier, mid day food break, then shoot towards dark.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Frank you're a smartass!

Very relieved that you are okay, my friend.

Well, thank you! As my father would say, better than being a dumb one!

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Very relieved that you are okay, my friend.

Well, thank you! As my father would say, better than being a dumb one!

Wink

LOL Thanks Frank. We were honestly quite worried with all the doom and gloom the weather folks were spewing.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL Thanks Frank. We were honestly quite worried with all the doom and gloom the weather folks were spewing.

^^^^^^^^^^^
The weathermen now go for drama, not the facts. I live on the Coast and they have been talking for TWO weeks about tropical storm development in the Gulf.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post